Senior Cloud and Visualization Developer
Requisition ID: 44769
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Aerospace's Visualization and Immersive Technologies Department (VITD) is seeking a Senior Cloud and Visualization Developer to join their team! VITD develops a wide variety of visualization applications using commercial UI frameworks and game engines to support civil, commercial, and national security space systems. VITD works with organizations seeking solutions for orbit visualization and planning, and many other facets of space and ground systems.
- Support industry leading engineers and scientists in the development of maintainable cloud and desktop data visualization applications as well as the development backend service oriented architecture components to support our visualization platforms.
- Support a wide variety of space and ground systems customers through algorithm and software development.
- Design, develop, and maintain software for a variety of engineering applications, including technical/scientific computing, high performance computing, simulations, and graphics visualization.
- Work on teams to help define innovative next generation space and ground systems
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or related discipline.
- 12 or more years of experience in developing applications for web/cloud based frameworks or for scientific visualization.
- Agility to quickly learn new programming languages.
- Ability to work both independently, and cooperatively within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance, which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a clearance
- M.S. degree in Computer Science with a concentration in Computer Graphics or Parallel Computing.
- Experience developing graphical user interfaces is highly desirable. Proficiency in graphical application frameworks such as Qt, AngularJS, and Bootstrap.
- Experience with developing backend databases with SQL and NoSQL frameworks such as MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Experience developing graphics visualization applications using DirectX and/or OpenGL
- Experience developing high computational performance applications using OpenCL or CUDA.
- Experience developing cloud based applications and cloud enabled web services.
- Experience practicing professional software development processes.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Cloud, Developer, Engineer, Computer Science, Security Clearance, Technology, Engineering, Government
Back to top