Senior Billing Analyst
Requisition ID: 41781
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Under limited supervision, this position prepares invoices and supporting documentation for Federal, state, non-profit, and commercial customers, including cost reimbursable, time and materials, and firm fixed price contracts. Develops and maintains key stakeholder relationships with internal organizations and interfaces with external customers as needed. Acts as a liaison between the General Accounting Manager and contract administrators regarding customer invoicing terms and conditions, requirements, funding status, and unbilled costs.
- Prepares accurate invoices and sufficient supporting documentation based on contract requirements and corporate practices.
- Ensures billing parameters match the customer's Contract Terms as applicable.
- Reviews proposed invoicing terms and conditions to ensure invoices and billing procedures remain consistent for all our customers. Recommends alternative solutions or approaches as necessary.
- Maintains billing schedule to ensure contracts are billed on time.
- Keeps General Accounting Manager informed of issues related to invoicing activities.
- Surveys project costs to determine billability in accordance with government regulations.
- Assists internal and external customers regarding billing inquiries.
- Prepares general ledger journal entries to record billed and unbilled activity during the fiscal month.
- Performs preliminary collection activities on past due accounts.
- Prepares schedules in support of the Company's Incurred Cost Claim submission.
- Performs month-end close activities as assigned.
- Eight or more years of progressive experience preparing, reviewing, and submitting accurate invoices or financial reports to multiple government customers within prescribed deadlines.
- Experience with government contracting regulations (e.g. FAR, DFAR), rates (e.g. overhead, CAS-414, and fee) and different contract types (CPFF, FFP, T&M, etc.) .
- Ability to review and understand contract terms and conditions and ensure the customer's invoicing requirements remain within existing billing processes and invoice formats.
- Experience working with ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, People Soft) and MS Excel.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- Position requires attendance on Friday during month-end close.
- Position requires working a standard 5-day schedule and working more than standard working hours, particularly during fiscal year-end close (September through November).
- Experience submitting electronic invoices using Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) and/or Invoice Processing Platform (IPP) and other methods as required by the contract.
- Advanced, hands-on experience with SAP and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working with and responding to internal, external or government auditor requests.
- Experience preparing supporting schedules for inclusion in Incurred Cost Claim filings.
- Experience with collecting on past due accounts.
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards, practices, and procedures.
- Experience preparing journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations and performing month-end close activities.
- CPA with public accounting experience.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ACCOUNTING STAFF IV
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: ERP, Database, Oracle, SAP, Aerospace, Technology, Aviation
Back to top