Security Control Center Specialist III
Requisition ID: 43110
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
This position requires the candidate to: Perform all tasks related to the continued proper function of the Chantilly Campus Security Control Center (SCC).
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission, Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to our People, Integrity, and Objectivity.
THIS IS A FIRST SHIFT (5:30am-2:00pm)
- Monitor computerized intrusion detection and access control system, multiple CCTV cameras, emergency phone line(s), fire alarm panel, and facility environmental control system.
- Initiate notification and response as outlined in the internal instructions and/or Security Control Center Operating Instructions.
- Operate computerized patrol tour and key control systems, radios, automated public address system, and other SCC security-related equipment.
- Provide command, control, and communication support for both routine security events and emergencies. Serve as informational interface with the general public, employees, management, government, local law enforcement and security forces under both normal and emergency conditions.
- Write reports on an automated reporting software system regarding security system alarm events, emergency incidents, and physical security incidents, that provide details of the event/incident that are concise and complete.
- Perform special physical security projects and tasks when necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Five (5) or more years of experience working in a security control room environment, dispatch, or relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SSBI security clearance
- Available to work on a flexbile work schedule, 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective interpersonnal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to self-initiate activities, and to work within timelines.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Must work well in a team environment
- Certification or ability to be certified as a Security Industry Association Central Station Operator
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems
- Ability to adapt to changing organizations needs
- Customer service orientation
- Possess time management and project management skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
- Position requires sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Operate security related monitoring and communication equipment.
- Communicate with individuals and groups in person or by phone
- Exposure to general office noise
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : SECURITY CON/CTR SPEC III
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Full Scope Polygraph
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Security Clearance, Aerospace, Laboratory, Quality Assurance, Security, Government, Aviation, Science, Technology
Back to top