Security Administration Specialist III
Requisition ID: 41141
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Responsible for producing employee and guest badges, identification cards, and security reader cards. Processes security information and data for employment records, security clearances, and property control. Processes visits authorizations for employees and guests to gain access to restricted areas. Verifies accuracy of information prior to issuing clearances. Maintains controlled security documents and information.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Processes employee security clearances in accordance with DoD regulations. Ensures employee clearances such as secret and top secret are within scope.
- Maintains security databases. Updates and corrects clearance information. Briefs employees on new clearances.
- Sends clearance requests to outside contractor locations.
- Assists internal and external customers by answering various security questions.
- Preparing and submitting Foreign Travel/ Foreign Contact Reports to the customers
- Work issues associated to employee submissions
- Update personnel folders with the submitted reports
- Participation in customer visits and semiannual self-inspections
- Assist Security education which includes initial program briefings, debriefings, and annual refresher briefings
- Maintaining all organizational records/files pertaining to personnel security clearances and accesses
- Respond to customer requests/inquiries related to the submitted reports
- Assist with the submission and tracking of employee visits
- Other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma
- Ability to interact professionally with various levels of personnel with varying experience
- Attention to detail
- Must have a current TS/SSBI
- Efficient in the use of the Microsoft office Suite
• Skilled with JPAS, and other customer personnel Databases
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : SECURITY ADMIN SPEC III
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Security Clearance, Aerospace, Laboratory, Research Scientist, Security, Government, Aviation, Science
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top