Section Manager - Model Development and Integration
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 51522
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Are you ready to focus on technology and make a real impact for your customers' most challenging software problems? Aerospace is looking for a Section Manager for our Model Development and Integration team to join our growing Software Implementation & Integration Department in the corporation's East Coast center of software systems expertise. This department comprises a diverse set of highly respected engineers and scientists who provide computer science/computer engineering software development support to space, ground and launch programs in the commercial, civil, and national security domains.
- Assists the Department Director in creating and maintaining a forward thinking technical vision and strategic plan for the department.
- Leads and supervises the Software Development section staff.
- Provides guidance and mentoring for professional growth of section staff.
- Works closely with program office customers to evaluate and develop technical tasking
- Coordinates overall preparation and presentation of technical reports, briefings, and analyses prepared by section, as well as periodic briefings to management and other groups.
- Provides engineering support to multiple program offices for the development of software products, including: prototypes, proofs of concept, and operational products
- Provide engineering advice to multiple program offices related to their software developments
- Provide focused support on technical areas that include cloud development, software virtualization, software development environments, methods, languages, and best practices.
- Maintains current technical excellence through participation in advanced technology studies, system/software analyses, independent assessments, and research efforts.
- Provides experience and expertise in software engineering and large team-based software development (all phases of software development).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Eight or more years of progressively relevant, responsible, professional engineering/scientific experience
- A desire to lead, manage and develop an engineering staff that are focused on all aspects of software development
- Solid knowledge of software development life cycle, familiarity with space systems or intelligence systems
- Experience and expertise in software development and large team-based software development (all phases of software development)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customer and corporate staff
- Highly motivated
- Able to work well collaboratively or independently, as each task requires.
- Able to adapt to a customer's evolving needs
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other scientific degree
- Active and current Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experience leading and managing engineering teams
- Experience with developing using the infrastructure service provider (ISP) software service architectures
- Experience working with cloud computing, agile and DevOps software development methods
- Experience working with mixed teams, including government, military, SETA and prime contractors
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Electrical, Computer Science, Cloud, Technology, Engineering
Back to top