Satellite Systems Analyst, Sr. Project Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
Actively contribute to a high-performing team bringing analytical and technical skills to bear to characterize the fast-moving field of international space systems and its implications to U.S. National Security Space. Participate in a wide-range of technical activities, work with technical intelligence, analyze international space programs, and influence customer decisions on important National Security Space topics. The selected candidate will be resident onsite at a customer facility and will provide technical intelligence support to a customer organization.
- Responsively assess the potential impact of current worldwide space and counterspace activities on U.S. national security space operations
- Lead and support detailed technical analyses of current and future space systems
- Identify new areas of concern with respect to Space Domain Awareness and proactively develop recommendations for further global data collection and research
- Identify short- and long-term technical challenges for a diverse customer base, including the USAF, the Intelligence Community, and other government and commercial customers
- Prepare technical reports, briefings, and other deliverable materials as required
- Critically review reports, briefings, and other materials produced by team members
- Support and develop customer relationships and mentor junior government analysts
- Occasional travel required for presentations and meetings with Aerospace/PWW personnel and U.S. Government agencies throughout the country
- International travel to conferences or meetings is possible.
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of both independent analysis and collaborating with teams
- Strong interest and enthusiasm for understanding global space activities and operations
- Ability to analyze technical data, produce novel insights and conclusions, and effectively communicate the results
- Familiarity with space systems and operations
- Superior written and oral communication skills; requires the ability to work well with other analysts and communicate to senior military and civilian customers
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Advanced degree in Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Background in space systems engineering, space domain awareness, space system data analysis, or related fields
- Understanding of remote sensing, communication and PNT satellite systems
- Understanding of astrodynamics fundamentals and experience with related analysis tools such as STK (Systems [previously Satellite] Took Kit) or SOAP (Aerospace's Satellite Orbit Analysis Program)
- Proficiency with Python, MATLAB, and/or other scripting/programming languages
- Flexibility to learn new tools/capabilities as needed
- An affinity for challenging puzzles and problem solving is a plus
- Experience with fusing and analyzing information from multiple sources and extrapolating to answer questions
- Prior experience and familiarity with DoD, Air Force and IC agencies and organizations
- Reading comprehension and translation skills in selected foreign languages is of interest
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top