Satellite Systems Analyst
Requisition ID: 47163
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Actively contribute to a high-performing team bringing technical skills to bear to characterize the fast-moving field of international space systems and its implications to U.S. National Security Space. Participate in a wide-range of technical activities, work with technical intelligence, analyze international space programs, and influence customer decisions on important National Security Space topics.
• Conduct detailed technical analyses of current and future space systems
• Identify new areas of concern in Space Domain Awareness and proactively develop recommendations for further global data collection and research
• Responsively assess the potential impact of current worldwide space and counterspace activities on U.S. national security space operations
• Identify short- and long-term technical challenges for a diverse customer base, including the USAF, the Intelligence Community, and other government and commercial customers
• Prepare technical reports, briefings, and other deliverable materials as required
• Critically review reports, briefings, and other materials produced by team members
• Support and develop customer relationships
• Occasional travel required for presentations and meetings with Aerospace/PWW personnel and U.S. Government agencies throughout the country. International travel to conferences or meetings is possible.
This position can be filled as a Level 2 (Project Engineer) or Level 3 (Sr. Project Engineer)
This role can be filled as a rotational or non-rotational position
• Highly motivated self-starter capable of both independent analysis and collaborating with teams
• Strong interest and enthusiasm for understanding global space activities and operations
• Ability to analyze technical data, produce novel insights and conclusions, and effectively communicate the results
• Familiarity with space systems and operations
• Superior written and oral communication skills; requires the ability to work well with other analysts and communicate to senior military and civilian customers
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Project Engineer: A minimum of 8 years of progressively more responsible engineering experience
• Senior Project Engineer: A minimum of 12 years of progressively more responsible engineering experience
• Advanced degree in Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
• Background in space systems engineering, space domain awareness, space system data analysis, or related fields
• Understanding of EO sensor systems
• Understanding of RF systems
• Understanding of astrodynamics fundamentals and experience with related analysis tools such as STK (Systems [previously Satellite] Took Kit) or SOAP (Aerospace's Satellite Orbit Analysis Program)
• Proficiency with Python, MATLAB, and/or other scripting/programming languages
• Flexibility to learn new tools/capabilities as needed
• An affinity for challenging puzzles and problem solving is a plus
• Experience with fusing and analyzing information from multiple sources and extrapolating to answer questions
• Prior experience and familiarity with USAF and IC agencies and organizations
• Reading comprehension and translation skills in selected foreign languages is of interest
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Systems Analyst, Engineer, Aerospace, Laboratory, Military Intelligence, Technology, Engineering, Aviation, Science, Government
Back to top