Satellite Subsystem Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 46933
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The National Systems Group (NSG) is seeking a Satellite Subsystem Engineer/Senior Satellite Subsystem Engineer to provide technical leadership and guidance in a highly technical, dynamic program office. You will work daily with all levels of the customer program office to ensure flightworthy hardware is delivered in support of a national, strategically important mission. Additionally, you will literally "shape the future" by providing technical guidance to the customer establishing the foundational architecture for the next-generation collection segment, ensuring national priorities are met for years to come. Specifically, your responsibilities will include providing technical insight and coordinating Aerospace Engineering Matrix support for subsystem requirements, design, development, integration, test, and verification of satellite electronics hardware. Technical acumen and a drive to solve the tough problems are must-haves to meet the needs of the mission.
- Provide technical and programmatic support to a large, complex, national security space satellite acquisition.
- Provide technical support to design, manufacturing, integration, and test as required
- Use effective systems engineering and analysis skills to identify problems, develop solutions, and assess risk.
- Participate in engineering and design reviews, manufacturing reviews, test readiness reviews, material review boards, failure review boards, and other technical and status reviews.
- Engage required Aerospace Engineering Matrix support for review of contractor analyses and generation of independent performance analyses.
- Candidate must be able to effectively plan for and apply appropriate engineering resources.
- Position will require frequent interaction with government customer, SETA, and contractor.
- Generate periodic written reports and presentations to customer and Aerospace management.
- Support Government decision making process by supplying sound and coordinated technical information.
- Travel to Aerospace and contractor facilities is required.
For the Satellite Subsystem Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, science, mathematics or related technical field
- 8 or more years of experience that includes aerospace industry experience, preferably in space systems
- Knowledge of spacecraft subsystems, and/or analog and digital electronics development
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with customers, contractors, other FFRDC and SETA personnel
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to effectively communicate with a broad range of customers, program managers, system engineers, and senior government leadership
- Current and active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Ability to travel frequently (1-2 weeks per month)
- Ability to work in or relocate to Chantilly, VA
In addition to the above, for the Senior Satellite Subsystem Engineer must have:
- 12 or more years of experience that includes aerospace industry experience, preferably in space systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-level team for spacecraft subsystem design, development, analysis, and implementation
- Demonstrated experience with spacecraft subsystems, and/or analog and digital electronics development
For both the Satellite Subsystem Engineer and Senior Satellite Subsystem Engineer
- Familiarity with spacecraft command and data handling subsystem development
- Knowledge of the customer's mission enterprise and Aerospace roles supporting the customer across the mission enterprise
- Existing working relationship with relevant Aerospace matrix engineering organizations to quickly bring resources to address customer needs
- Experience in coordinating projects and conducting risk management in a space acquisition environment
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Government
Back to top