RF Systems Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 53181
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for a RF Systems Engineer to support the Imagery Products and Exploitation Department and its program office customers. The candidate will provide technical advisory support and technical systems engineering solutions for the acquisition and development of complex RF systems. You will use your end-to-end knowledge of RF systems to address design, manufacturing, verification challenges at the unit level to system level.
- Serve as a RF subject matter expert and interface with Aerospace Program Office and Government customers to solve complex issues
- Understand system design, requirement, and verification plan
- Review verification methodology and data for key RF system requirements
- Investigate technical problems, assemble briefing and reports, and provide technical data to inform the Program Office.
- Provide clear and concise oral and well-written communication in a timely and consistent manner.
This is a part-time position with limited hours
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics or a related technical discipline from a recognized institution
- 18 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering experience
- Experience with satellite systems, including satellite development, production, mission integration, test, and/or operation
- Experience with end-to-end RF systems (antennas, front end, receivers)
- Experience with SIGINT missions
- Superior demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Experience synthesizing and presenting technical data clearly and concisely
- Ability to travel domestically
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance (US Citizenship Required)
- Exhibits exceptionally high level of innovation, creativeness, and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Widely recognized internally and externally by peers, management, program office, Air Force, and contractors
- Expertise with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, C/C++, IDL and MATLAB within Unix/Linux programming environments
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Retiree Casual
Work Schedule: Part Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, RF Engineer, Systems Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Engineering, Government
Back to top