RF MASINT Engineer/Sr. RF MASINT Engineer
Requisition ID: 41048
All Locations: Dayton, OH (Ohio); Wright-Patterson AFB, OH (Ohio)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The NASIC Program's department of the National Intelligence Division is seeking a technical expert in Radio Frequency (RF) systems, architectures, and applications in support of Air Force and National systems, specifically MASINT and GEOINT activities at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, Ohio. The RF MASINT Engineer/Senior RF MASINT Engineer will provide technical analysis and advice, planning and coordination on the design development, expansion, and impact assessment, data flow, data integration with multiple sources, understanding collection, testing, production (processing exploitation and analysis methods) and quality review of multiple RF analysis results. You will undertake a major program segment such as system-level architectural analysis, conceptual design of a new vehicle or major payload. You will be required to investigate urgent technical problems or assemble briefings or reports.
- Serve as an Aerospace technical advisor to the MASINT and GEOINT community
- Deliver Technical expertise in evaluating RF Sensor capabilities, data processing, collection and ground architectures
- Support end to end system and application development, expansion, test, evaluation, data flow, application and tradecraft development
- Apply systems engineering principles in support of evaluation and impact assessment to the MASINT and GEOINT architecture designs and system acquisitions
- Support development of processes, procedures and standards
- Present analysis and recommendations to DoD and IC offices, review boards, and technical workshops and meetings
- Support cross community coordination
- Coordinate developments and support evaluation and transition of new techniques and algorithms
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Current TS/SSBI
- This position requires the ability to maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be able to travel approximately 10% of the time
For the RF MASINT Engineer :
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively more responsible engineering experience
- Relevant experience in RF systems, architectures, tasking, processing, exploitation and dissemination systems, architectures, and operations
- Ability to work in teams, dispersed across the country, on technical and architecture projects and tasks
In addition to the above the Senior RF MASINT Engineer must have:
- Minimum of 12 years of progressively more responsible engineering experience
- Ability to provide nondirective advice, accept action items and coordinate pertinent budgets, tasks, and priorities.
- Experience leading/coordinating teams comprised of diversely skilled engineers servicing a major portion of a large project or working across projects.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to mentor less experienced engineers and serve as role model.
- Expertise in programmatic and technical aspects of RF capabilities to include data flow, data structure, data collection, data exploitation and the evaluation, development, and transition of new techniques and algorithms
- Demonstrated ability to determine a technical plan of analysis and to operate independently to meet customer needs and objectives with minimal daily supervision
- Ability to present to technical and non-technical DoD and IC junior through senior officers and civilians.
- Experience and familiarity with DoD and IC National Security Space missions
- Experience in DoD and IC acquisition processes
- Experience coordinating multiple organizations with different focus and goals towards a common direction and points of emphasis
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJ ENGINEER
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Dayton
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, RF Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Government
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top