RF / Antenna System Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 53562
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation's Digital Electronics and Electromagnetics Department performs antenna and RF related design, analysis and prototyping. We work closely with customers to understand their challenges and needs and support them through modeling and simulation, hardware testing and overall system analysis. Other parts of the department engage in analog to digital and digital to analog conversion, digital processing and algorithm implementation. The work includes prototype development, subsystem modeling and simulation, system level analysis and oversight of customer projects. This posting is targeted in the area of RF subsystems, antennas and overall space systems.
- Perform tasks that include antenna and RF modeling, use of commercial software codes.
- Modeling and simulation work will include a combination of unique design work and simulation to verify contractor designs and approaches.
- Tasks may include working in a lab environment to implement RF and antenna prototypes, to verify simulated performance or in support of prototype development and field test work.
- Duties include providing oversight, guidance and technical advice on customer projects involving electromagnetic, antennas and RF systems.
- Support broader department level work that may involve digital processing related work and overall system performance.
- Work with other engineers as a team member in solving problems.
- Interfacing with program office and government personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience (post bachelor degree).
- Experience with basic concepts of RF systems and antenna systems.
- Experience performing analysis in support of RF system design and antenna system design.
- Experience using commercial software tools for RF or antenna analysis.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Strong background in RF/antennas.
- Advanced degree.
- Proficiency with a variety of popular analysis tools such as Matlab, ADS, Microwave Office, GRASP and HFSS.
- A background in programming using languages such as C, C++, Fortran, JAVA and Python.
- Interest in working with experts in the fields of antenna design, RF systems, SIGINT processing and hardware prototyping.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment, working with RF hardware and familiar with RF testing equipment such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators and power meters.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Electronics Engineer, RF Engineer, Systems Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering
Back to top