Radar Signal Processing Engineer
Requisition ID: 40963
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Radar Processing and Analysis Department comprises a diverse set of highly respected engineers and scientists, who provide matrix support to a variety of government space programs of national importance. The department utilizes knowledge of national systems, current technology and engineering judgment to advise government program office personnel and internal Aerospace customers on technical matters relating to SAR remote sensing. Technical challenges cover a broad range of disciplines including antennas, the entire transmit and receive chain, radar system modeling, ground moving target identification, electronic warfare, maritime surveillance, image processing, algorithm development for advanced Synthetic Aperture Radar image products and exploitation.
- Provide signal processing and system architecting expertise in the areas of SAR system modeling and simulations
- Develop unique solutions and efficient implementations of signal processing algorithms for challenging mission applications
- Use common industry signal processing tools such as IDL, MATLAB, Python or C++ to analyze data and generate algorithms
- Provide oversight, guidance and technical advice on customer projects involving digital signal processing and other real-time compute-intensive problems
- Verify contractor designs, approaches and overall system performance
- Work may involve system level analysis such as signal propagation, RF system performance, requirements development and review
- Potential for broad range of problems and need to have the willingness to learn and tackle new problems
- Ability to work with minimal management oversight; ability to coordinate, organize and lead the work of other Aerospace support staff
- Generate periodic written reports and presentations to customer and Aerospace management
- Communicate with a broad range of customers, technologists, program managers, and senior leadership
- Travel as necessary to support customer requirements
- This position is located in El Segundo, CA
- Degree in mathematics, physics, electrical engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited university
- A minimum of 8 years of experience (post-bachelor degree)
- Experience with signal processing
- Ability to implement solutions to signal processing problems in languages such as IDL, MATLAB, C/C++, and Python
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Current Top Secret clearance with SCI access (US citizenship required)
- Ability to work individually or in teams
- Strong experience working with implementation and analysis of SAR systems
- Broad range of computer skills/experience including LINUX development
- Interest in working with experts in the fields of RF systems
- An advanced degree in mathematics, physics or electrical engineering
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: RF Engineer, Process Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Security Clearance, Engineering, Government
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top