Propulsion 2020 Graduate Intern
Requisition ID: 50021
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Summer intern for the Propulsion Science Department. This position will be located at in El Segundo, CA.
The intern will work on one or more of the following projects:
- Intern may assist with an IRAD effort to develop a hybrid rocket CubeSat propulsion unit.
- The intern may measure the solubility of space materials inside ionic liquids.
- The intern may work on chemical characterization studies.
- The intern may participate with an interdisciplinary team in ongoing research or technical programs with academic collaboration partners.
- The intern may apply standard techniques and procedures to carry out a series of prescribed scientific and/or engineering tasks.
- Training and mentorship will be provided.
Performance standards to be successful in this internship position include:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity
- Bachelor's degree completed by Spring 2020 and will be pursuing a Master's or Ph.D. degree in Engineering, Science or related program
- Must provide admission letter upon request
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Prior Aerospace internship
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Hands-on and analytical skills related to hybrid propulsion are required
- Lab experience and Basic chemistry courses are required
- GPA 3.5 or higher
- Active security clearance
- Participation in extracurricular activities related to an assignment
Temporary housing assistance is not available.
The Aerospace Corporation functions as the nation's independent testing, assessment, and research center for national security space systems, specializing in advanced military space systems. Aerospace offers summer internship positions at our headquarters in El Segundo, California, and our campuses in Chantilly, Virginia, Colorado and New Mexico to give students the opportunity to work in the scientific, technical, or administrative areas of the company.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Employment Type: Intern
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Temporary, Chemical Research, Aerospace, Security Clearance, Engineering, Contract, Aviation, Government
Back to top