Project Leader, Satellite Communications Architecture
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 49304
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Modeling and Simulation Department (MSD) is involved in the design and implementation of large-scale, system-of-systems simulations and provides world-class analysis of the performance and utility of space, ground, and related systems for DoD, NRO, Civil, and Commercial Customers. MSD specializes in military utility analysis, communication architecture and network assessments, space resiliency, scenario and concept of operations development, optimization, and model-based system engineering.
The Communications Project Leader (CPL) leads and manages the department's communications loading studies to quantify measures of effectiveness, measures of performance, resiliency, and perform trade studies and "What-if?" analyses for various DoD, NRO and Commercial customer program offices. The CPL will work closely with the System Program Offices to evaluate, prioritize, and complete modeling and simulation tasks supporting current and future acquisitions. Lastly, the CPL oversees project planning; assigns resources; determines staffing needs; coordinates activities; and communicates with customers, counterpart organizations, and management.
- Support and lead teams that perform modeling, simulation, and analysis of DoD, NRO, and Commercial space communications systems
- Assist customers in defining measures of effectiveness and performance
- Develop and use operational scenarios based upon DoD sources
- Conduct trade studies of architecture alternatives
- Perform analyses that incorporate phenomena across multiple disciplines including astrodynamics, communications, and operations research
- Communicate analysis results to management and customers and document results in technical reports
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with new and existing customers
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and direction to less experienced staff
- BS degree in engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, or related field
- Minimum of ten years of technical experience after a bachelor's degree
- Strong background in systems engineering, trade studies, and/or engineering research
- Experience in the modeling and simulation of space communication systems
- Experience with software development processes and technologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify, organize, prioritize, and ensure timely completion of tasks
- Facility to apply computer programs to solve complex problems
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customer, contractor, and Aerospace personnel
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with customers, contractors, and colleagues
- Excellent writing skills and a sample of written technical work
- Excellent project management skills
- Current Secret clearance
- Eligibility to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- Advanced degree in engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, or related field
- Experience in Aerospace Corporation Program Office
- Excellent programming skills
- Current TS/SCI clearance
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT LEADER
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineer, Security Clearance, Computer Science, Project Manager, Engineering, Government, Technology
Back to top