Project Leader- Acquisition Risk and Reliability Engineering
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 52841
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Acquisition Risk and Reliability Engineering Department (ARRED) within the Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) supports its national security space and civil/commercial customers through rigorous application of systems engineering, risk, and reliability engineering methods, tools and processes in the performance of technical and programmatic mission assurance activities on satellite, ground equipment and facilities, and integrated
systems of systems (SoS). We have a current need for a Project Lead in Chantilly, VA to provide technical leadership and expertise for a variety of projects and customers.
- Assist the department Director with leading, planning, and managing task execution for the Acquisition Risk and Reliability Engineering Department
- Act as a primary focal point for primarily east coast-based customers, coordinating with and reaching back to west-coast based department staff for support on projects
- as needed/required
- Assist the Director in providing technical support to programs by establishing and applying systems engineering and mission assurance processes
- to enable successful acquisitions and fielding of new capabilities
- Seek and identify opportunities for additional, expanded and new business and assist higher-level management in the evaluation and pursuit of
- new opportunities
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relations with program offices, other ETG organizations, internal and external customers, and
- Plan and lead technical projects for customers related to risk management and assessment, reliability engineering, systems engineering,
- and mission assurance
- Work with program office stakeholders, ETG Subject Matter Experts, and the Corporate Chief Engineer's Office to help plan, develop, evolve, and
- execute the suite of corporate mission assurance tools and processes
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science or mathematics
- Exhibit a high level of innovation, creativeness, and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Demonstrated strong systems engineering skills, agile methodologies, mission assurance, reliability and/or risk assessment skills
- Eight (8) or more years of progressively responsible professional engineering/scientific experience
- Demonstrated technical leadership and strong interpersonal skills required for interacting with Aerospace peers, internal and external customers,
- and contractor representatives
- Must be technically persuasive with strong written and verbal skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to clearly define technical tasks, form and lead technical teams, establish priorities and motivate outstanding
- Must possess current TS/SCI clearance
- Some travel may be required
- Ten (10) or more years of progressively responsible professional engineering/scientific experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet budgetary and technical constraints and schedules
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership or supervisory role
- Demonstrated ability to develop staff and facilitate their efforts toward successful customer support
- Proven track record successfully supporting DoD and IC program and system acquisitions highly desired
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT LEADER
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Laboratory, Engineering, Government, Science
Back to top