Project Engineer/Sr. Project Engineer - Requirements Engineer
- Chevy Chase, MD
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for a Requirements Engineer (RE) to provide on-site space-related analytical support to the Assistant Director of Requirements, Cost and Effectiveness (AD/RCE), Directorate for Policy and Capabilities (PC) within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. The RE shall support the government in the implementation of the Intelligence Community Capability Requirements (ICCR) process to include space related requirements, formulation, requirements tracking, evaluation, and validation. Support will also include ICCR policy and process improvement and integration into other processes; will ensure the Aerospace reach back support is applied as needed; will collaborate with other SETA contractors as well as senior military and civilian officers (General Officer/Senior Intelligence Service) within OSD, ODNI, CIA, NSA, NRC, NGA, and the Military Departments.
- Space-related Requirements Analysis to include, but not limited to: IC capability requirements definitions (statement of capabilities, IC capability requirements, and enterprise capability documents).
- Provide on-site E2E systems engineering support for the acquisition of payloads, communication systems, vehicle systems, ground acquisitions and system interfaces.
- Support to implement the ICCR process to include space related requirements formulation, requirements tracking, evaluation, and validation.
- Support to ICCR policy and process improvement activities and integration into other SRA and ODNI processes to include conducting ICCR specific process improvement analysis, process documentation, and related policy documents based on current or emerging SRA direction.
- Cross community integration and outreach (ICCRC - Intelligence Community Capability Requirements Council, JCIDS-Joint Capability Integration Development System coordination, SRA symposium, JSCC-Joint Space Cost Council, ICCEC-Intelligence Community Cost Executive Committee). Scheduling, training, briefing and meeting facilitation.
- Assist the government in the following areas: Space related Requirements Analysis, Space related Requirements Generation or Assessment, Statement of Capabilities generation and coordination, participate in the Validation Process, and execute Outreach Activities.
This position will require working in Bethesda, MD and occasional travel to Tysons Corner, VA and Chantilly, VA.
For the Project Engineer:
- A minimum of 8 years of engineering related experience
- Experience with satellite and satellite ground systems (requirements, acquisition, development, or operation)
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized institution
- Exceptionally high level of innovation, creativity, and personal initiative
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a current and active TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
In addition to the above requirements, the Sr. Project Engineer will have
- A minimum of 12 years of engineering related experience
- Engineering/scientific experience as technical lead for teams
- Strong experience with satellite and satellite ground systems (design, development of requirements, acquisition, or operation).
- Understanding of all aspects of the requirements formulation and validation and ability to assess program requirement risk areas and to programs design baseline cost and acquisition schedules.
- PhD. or Master's degree in engineering, physics, chemistry, operations research, computer science, mathematics, data science and analytics or other technical discipline or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Experience in the requirements formulation, tracking, evaluation and validation in the following areas: multiple space related products lines including SIGINT, GEOINT, COMM, MASINT, and space launch vehicles; ground systems including ground terminals, command and control, mission management, mission processing, communication networks, data centers and data dissemination; information technology programs; and ballistic missile technical collection assets such as ground based and sea-based RADARs and dissemination tolls.
- Experience in the ICCR process
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top