Project Engineer/Senior Project Engineer, Lead Systems Engineer for Space Rapid Capabilities Office
- Albuquerque, NM
Requisition ID: 53543
All Locations: Albuquerque, NM (New Mexico)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Responsive Space Directorate is seeking a motivated people to lead support in the areas of systems engineering, technical support, and tailored mission assurance for responsive space programs within the Space Rapid Capabilities Office (SpRCO). This position will monitor design, development, integration and test as well as work with and utilize Aerospace subject matter experts to conduct risk assessments, initiate analytic studies and support launch and early orbit.
- Support government personnel in the acquisition, integration and operations of space missions.
- Provide direct, program office support to the Space Rapid Capabilities Office in the concept development, acquisition, and execution of missions of national significance.
- Interact effectively and efficiently with government customers to provide independent and direct assistance in the development of systems analyses, requirements, processes, products, risk assessment and mission utility.
- Provide system engineering support in the execution of customer programs including program planning, assessment of end-to-end system design, identification of risk and coordination of risk mitigation activities to ensure mission success.
- Lead and perform in-depth technical analysis, evaluations, and experimentation against identified risk areas using in-house and reach back expertise from ETG and the Labs across a wide range of satellite development expertise.
- This position will require extensive interaction with DoD, USAF, and intelligence community organizations.
- This position is based at Kirtland AFB, New Mexico. Frequent travel required to the mission partners, contractor facilities and operational sites.
This is a dual level requisition and be filled as an L2 Project Engineer or L3 Sr. Project Engineer
Level 2: Project Engineer
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related technical discipline
- 8 or more years of experience that includes experience in the execution and/or fielding of space missions
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly dynamic Program Office environment with a mix of government, FFRDC, and SETA personnel
- Self-starter comfortable with self-identifying tasks and deadlines, coordinating with program partners, and advocating for best options
- Current TS/SSBI, active SCI clearance with the ability to pass a CI polygraph exam and obtain additional security accesses
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Level 3: Sr. Project Engineer
- All of the above, plus
- 12 or more years of experience that includes expertise in leading teams to execute space missions
- Leadership experience and initiative in resolving programmatic and technical issues
- Experience leading activities that require coordination among multiple organizations
- Experience mentoring less experienced technical staff
- Experience working in a highly classified environment
- Expertise in scoping, leading and completing projects with a mix of program office and subject matter expertise.
- Working knowledge of expertise from across the Aerospace corporation, especially subject matter experts and laboratory operations with the ability to support customer needs
- An advanced degree in engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, or computer science.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Systems Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Government
Back to top