Project Engineer, Missile Defense and Space Sensors Division
Requisition ID: 45907
All Locations: Huntsville, AL (Alabama)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for an experienced analyst or engineer to join the Missile Defense and Space Sensors Division. The individual will be developing performance assessment models and tools to support our missile defense customer in developing the next-generation of laser-based and EO/IR sensors. Our missile defense customer needs your help in developing these cutting-edge laser-based and EO/IR sensors to support future missile defense sensor capabilities.
Successful candidates will assist customers with these types of engineering functions:
- Develop models and performance assessment tools
- Participate in engineering studies and performance assessments
- Liaison with customer team to include frequent communication, briefings, and technical discussions
- Develop a working relationship with technical contractor team to influence successful program execution
- Prepare technical reports and presentations to disseminate findings, guidance, and technical information to a wide audience
- This position is located in Huntsville, AL.
- 8 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering or scientific experience
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or closely related technical discipline required
- Background in photonics technologies, laser propagation, and laser detection
- Experience in writing software code for performance assessments from first principle physics
- Experience with C, C++, Fortran, JAVA, Matlab
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work within a Government Program Office environment that includes managing multiple simultaneous tasks and adapting to changing priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups
- Ability to occasionally travel to other Aerospace and vendor, subcontractor, or contractor facilities
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance, which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Advanced degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or closely related technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience in photonic technologies, laser propagation, and laser detection
- Demonstrated experience in developing algorithms from first principle physics and writing software code for performance assessments
- Strong background in mathematics and/or applied mathematics
- Experience with Python
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of customer, contractor and corporate staff
- Ability to edit technical content for clarity; ability to present clear, concise briefings; ability to write well-crafted reports and assessments
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Huntsville
Job Segment: Defense, Project Engineer, Engineer, Developer, Java, Government, Engineering, Technology
Back to top