Project Engineer, Hypersonic Missile Defense
- Huntsville, AL
Requisition ID: 51622
All Locations: Huntsville, AL (Alabama)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The selected candidate will work with a combined team of government, other FFRDC/University Affiliated Research Center (UARC), and System Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) personnel and will have frequent interaction with contractor, subcontractor, and vendor personnel, as well as the MDA Engineering and Quality functional organizations.
- Support the development of assessment/analysis plans to assess various aspects of performance of missile defense systems in various environments to include Flight Test, Ground Test, and Component-Level Tests.
- Develop software tools and analyze data from Hardware in the Loop (HWIL), Flight Test (FT), and Digital Simulations to identify capabilities and limitations associated with interceptors and kill vehicles.
- Assess interceptor performance within the BMDS using analysis from HWIL, FT and digital simulations as well as any known testing, hardware and software caveats/limitations.
This is a dual level requisition. The role can be filled as an L2 PE or L3 Sr. PE.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or related technical field.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Experience related to software development, testing, verification & validation, analysis, or tool development.
- Knowledge and experience with at least one component of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS), BMDS Targets, or BMDS Testing.
- Position is located in Huntsville, Alabama
- Some travel is required
- Advanced degree in engineering, computer science, or related technical field
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance is highly desired
- Experience in technical fields related to Missile Defense (sensors, target discrimination, fire control, launch vehicles, kill vehicles, targets)
- Proficiency in Matlab and Python programming and experience working with SQL databases is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Ability to rapidly learn new software programs and languages and apply new technologies and techniques
- Experience in working with large data sets
- Experience working with and analyzing Flight/Hardware in the Loop test data
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJ ENGINEER
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Huntsville
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Defense, Engineer, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Government, Technology
Back to top