Project Engineer, Enterprise Ground Systems Engineering
Requisition ID: 41461
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Provide engineering support to the Enterprise Ground Systems Engineering and threat warning efforts, supporting SMC in the development of common hosted payloads and associated ground elements. Work with a wide range of government, contractor, and potential commercial program offices to conduct architecture assessments and develop requirements, standards, and interface control documents.
- Develop plans to mature and integrate new capabilities into space systems.
- Assure integrated approach to systems engineering for end-to-end performance, integrity of interfaces, and user access to integrated capabilities
- Perform technical assessment of acquisition packages and contractor proposals/performance
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience is required
- Must have demonstrated ability to work across multiple programs and customer sets
- Experience in successfully working with diverse teams
- Must also be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to interact and build effective relationships and teams with government customers, other FFRDCs, contractors, and Aerospace personnel
- Ability to satisfy occasional travel needs
- Current TS/SCI and SAP (Special Access Program), or ability to obtain. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree preferred
- End-to-end operational test experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly dynamic environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJ ENGINEER
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Project Engineer, R&D Engineer, Systems Engineer, Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top