Project Engineer - Agile Systems Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 51504
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Agile Systems Engineering Planning and Analysis Department within the Acquisition Analysis and Planning Subdivision is leading the charge in developing and applying innovative and efficient systems engineering and acquisition strategies to address evolving national security space (NSS) and Civil and Commercial needs. The selected candidate will possess experience in space system acquisitions from pre-acquisition planning through source selection. The selected candidate possesses experience applying and overseeing the application of systems engineering throughout the lifecycle of NSS space, launch, and ground programs.
- Providing technical expertise to space, launch, and ground system acquisitions in the pre-solicitation phase of the acquisition. Support areas include the development of acquisition strategies; conduct of market research, assistance in the development of technical documents in a request for proposals such as a statement of work, source selection criteria, instructions for bidders; and participation as a technical advisor in source selections.
- Leading systems engineering studies such as system requirements development and flow-down; analysis of alternatives; system integration, verification, and validation; readiness reviews; risk and opportunity identification, assessment, disposition, mitigation, and management; schedule management and assessment; technology planning and insertion; and performance assessment.
- Assisting the government customer with program management and oversight with an emphasis on programmatic and systems engineering and acquisition processes
- Assisting the government customer in applying innovative acquisition and systems engineering techniques, including Agile, Scrum, and DevOps
- Supporting interdisciplinary functional acquisition teams
- Bachelors degree or higher in engineering, science, or a related field
- Minimum of eight years of relevant experience
- Experience in space system development
- Experience in some or all of the systems engineering and acquisition support areas listed above
- Experience participating in systems engineering and acquisition support to government organizations
- Demonstrated self-motivation, communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks
- Strong ability to work with interdisciplinary functional acquisition teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability working successfully in a collaborative and diverse environment
- Proven ability to facilitate and drive consensus with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly documentation concerns
- Excellent task management skills and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Current and active Secret clearance is required and the ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Occasional travel
- Advanced degree in engineering, science, or a related field
- Current and active TS/SCI clearance
- Familiarity in the acquisition of ground systems developed using Agile, MBSE and DevOps methodologies
- Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprises (SAFe) or similar Certification
- Knowledge in some or all of the following space and ground systems: Department of Defense, National Security Space, and Civil and Commercial
- Experience in supporting the development of acquisition strategies, plans, and processes
- Experience working in a government program office environment
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Systems Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering, Aviation
Back to top