Project Coordination Specialist III, Business Development Directorate
Requisition ID: 48043
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Civil Systems Group (CSG) is seeking a Project Coordinator Specialist III to support the Business Development Directorate, whose mission is to extend the value of Aerospace by the development and acquisition of new civil, commercial and international technical programs, technology transfer through intellectual property licensing, and developing new lines of business and service lines.
(1) the planning and coordination of key meetings, workshops, conferences, and other corporate events, within agreed budgets and timelines,
(2) coordinating specific development projects in accordance with outlined goals, objectives, budgets, specifications, milestones and deadlines, consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Innovation, Integrity and Objectivity, and
(3) maintain a rolling monthly, quarterly and annual plan to bring visibility to anticipated deliverables, conferences, events, workshops, and meetings, across Aerospace to ensure CSG maintains its battle rhythm.
• Develops and implements detailed project plans to include goals and objectives, scope of work, milestones, and tasks related to meetings, conferences, workshops, events, proposals, service lines, and other business development projects and initiatives.
• Coordinates customer community engagements to align Aerospace capabilities with market and customer needs, including technical exchange meetings and other communication channels, highlighting achievements, project successes and lessons-learned.
• Analyzes business needs and project metrics. Prioritizes and communicates workflow, progress against deliverables, and identified constraints.
• Develops and ensures compliance with project process and procedure guidelines.
• Coordinates project meetings, communication issues, milestones and achievements and, at project completion, markets project success and lessons-learned through internal channels.
• Collaborates with technical teams to identify new features and tools to improve processes and workflow.
• Writes user guides, for processes published by the Business Development Directorate, for web sites and training classes and refreshes content as needed.
• Develops and maintains user guides for Aerospace capabilities to support customers.
• 3 or more years of relevant experience with bachelor's degree
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Experience in Microsoft Office 365 applications, including OneNote, OneDrive, Delve, and SharePoint team collaboration and knowledge management environments.
• Typing and proofreading skills, including the ability to proof read and edit documents for grammatical and spelling errors.
• Familiarity with configuration and data management
• Ability to independently solve problems
• Customer service and engagement orientation
• Must work well in a team environment
• Must be detail oriented
• Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
• Must possess strong organizational skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
• Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
• Demonstrated ability to learn new software applications to adapt to workplace change
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to represent the company favorably to customers, event participants and visitors
• Ability to travel over 3 - 5 days to event locations up to 6 times per year
• Ability to exercise sound judgment
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
• 5 or more years of relevant experience with bachelor's degree, or 3 or more years of relevant experience with master's degree
• Knowledge of corporate policies related to events, corporate communications, safety and security
• Workshop facilitation skills and experience
• Experience with WordPress
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
• Project Management Certification
• Familiarity with Microsoft Project and Visio
• Familiarity with PowerBI or Tableau
• Secret clearance (applicant will be submitted for this clearance upon hiring, if they do not currently possess it).
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Security Clearance, Laboratory, Aerospace, Secret Clearance, Technology, Government, Science, Aviation
Back to top