Program/Project Performance Analyst, Associate MTS
Requisition ID: 43684
All Locations: Greenbelt, MD (Maryland)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Strategic Assessments & Studies (SAS) Division of the Civil Systems Group (CSG) is responsible for conducting independent assessments and strategic studies to assist NASA, NOAA, and other civil customers in agency-level strategic decision-making on future programs and projects. Typical products and services are independent cost/schedule estimates, programmatic assessments, advanced architecture studies, engineering assessments, development of capabilities/tools and pre-project support.
The candidate will help develop metrics for our performance assessment work in support to NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. We provide objective, performance-based cost and schedule assessments. Work includes performing cost and schedule analysis on programs and projects throughout the development lifecycle, detailed assessments of earned value data, and technical risk assessments to inform decision makers of program risk posture and programmatic health and status.
Specifically, support in this position will consist of:
- Creating and providing statistical improvements to performance metrics and models
- Analyzing and forecasting time series data (exponential smoothing, linear regression, moving average and double exponential smoothing)
- Presenting findings to team at monthly meetings
- Travel may be required to support various customers.
- B.S. in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or related field is required
- 0-1 years of professional experience
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages (e.g. Matlab, Python, or R)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project
- Strong written, oral communication, and good interpersonal skills are essential
- Must be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to effectively work with multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to obtain a security clearance which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Knowledge of NASA missions, technologies, development lifecycle, development requirements and guidelines is desired
- Experience directly interfacing with customers and delivering comprehensive assessment products is desired
- Experience in systems engineering, risk assessment, cost modeling and analysis, independent cost estimating and trade space exploration studies is desired
- Experience working with the Aerospace Engineering Technology Group matrix and Aerospace program offices is desired
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, Security Clearance, Secret Clearance, Aerospace, Engineering, Technology, Government, Aviation
Back to top