Programmatic Assessments, Senior Project Leader
Requisition ID: 40267
All Locations: Crystal City, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and support high-level programmatic and technical (cost, schedule, affordability and executability) studies to assist NASA in agency-level strategic decision-making on future programs and projects.
- Work includes technical, programmatic independent risk assessments and analyses of NASA programs and projects including human space flight, planetary, astrophysics, and earth science missions, ground systems and infrastructure.
- Use and develop databases, data sources, and data-driven analytical models, for analysis of NASA space systems throughout the development lifecycle.
- Customers include NASA Headquarters Mission Directorates, Office of Chief Engineer, Office of Chief Technologist, NASA Engineering and Safety Center, the National Academies and other civil government organizations.
- Interact directly with government customers, develop task statements and work scope, assemble technical teams to perform the work, manage and participate in work execution, and integrate analytical results into high quality, unified final products
- Present study findings to the customer organization, from senior project managers and staff through agency senior leadership
- Contribute to civil space business development efforts, coordinating with business developers within CSG and throughout Aerospace
- Ensure customer satisfaction, meet financial performance goals including sales, margin, and investment expenses and deliver extensive Division, Group, and Corporate reporting
- Candidates should be able to effectively lead teams in a dynamic environment where requirements and schedules change quickly
- Travel may be required to meet with staff and interact with customers
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university in engineering or science
- 12 years or relevant multidisciplinary experience, including, spacecraft and launch vehicle concept design and operation, knowledge of NASA missions, technologies, and the NASA development lifecycle, development requirements and guidelines
- Experience in space systems engineering, risk assessments, and leading and executing technical programmatic and architecture-level studies
- Experience in cost modeling and analysis, independent cost estimating, and affordability studies
- Demonstrated task management, execution, analysis and product development capabilities, as evidenced through examples of recent integrated products
- Demonstrated experience recognizing and defining the customer's broad scope space problems
- Experience building and leading engineering teams to solve customer problems
- Strong, communication and interpersonal skills, as evidenced through recent interaction and presentations to customers
- Experience interacting with GS-15/SES level customer counterparts
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
- Advanced degree in engineering or science
- Experience with and knowledge of programmatic and portfolio analysis tools, databases, and methodologies including commercially available and in-house capabilities
- Familiarity with ETG capabilities and the ETG matrix as well as laboratory and independent research capabilities
- Past experiences working directly with civil space clients
- Ability to obtain at least a Secret clearance
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT LEADER SR
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Arlington Virginia
Nearest Secondary Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Secret Clearance, Project Manager, Systems Engineer, Aerospace, Engineering, Government, Technology, Aviation
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top