Professional Nonexempt MTS Level 3, Spectrum Management Program Support
Requisition ID: 41570
All Locations: Greenbelt, MD (Maryland)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide systems engineering and spectrum management support in space communication frequency management, spacecraft program frequency allocation requirements and spectrum planning.
- Support space spectrum management offices in meeting analytic and regulatory requirements.
- Perform radio frequency interference analyses, communication system analyses and system architectures design to promote spectrum efficiencies needed to resolve potential or expected short-term and long-range spectrum usage contention issues.
- Participation in working groups with the customer, Aerospace personnel, and associated contractors focused on evaluation of radio spectrum usage will be required.
- Identify technical study opportunities for future space communication requirements.
- The ability to work on site with spacecraft contractors in their facilities, attend their design reviews, and assist in system engineering and spectrum management related evaluations.
- Prepare status and planning briefings as needed for management in both the customer and Aerospace communities.
- Some travel is expected.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Expertise systems engineering and spectrum management
- Experience working in customer locations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and on teams comprised of Aerospace, Contractor, and Customer personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate solutions and recommendations with the Aerospace and Customer team.
- Demonstrated ability to balance technical detail with broader programmatic issues.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- 10 or more years of experience with NOAA, NASA and DoD customers
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROF NE MTS LVL 3
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Casual
Work Schedule: Part Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Aerospace, Laboratory, Secret Clearance, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Aviation, Science, Government, Technology
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top