Photovoltaics Laboratory Technician I
Requisition ID: 49508
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Energy Devices Section at The Aerospace Corporation has an opening for an entry level Test and Measurement Specialist. As a member of the Energy Devices Section, a successful applicant would participate in the routine testing and measuring of solar cells. Also they would be responsible for the organization and maintenance of our device and data inventory. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and monitoring the calibration of test stations and equipment, as well as documenting and maintaining calibration and test procedures. The successful applicant would support scientists and engineers in the development of new test equipment and methods for advanced characterization of space photovoltaics. In addition, the successful applicant would document and update all standard operating and test procedures. We are seeking candidates that are dedicated to the role of providing techician support to our laboratory
- Applies standard techniques and procedures such as light current-voltage measurements, quantum efficiency, electroluminescence, etc. to characterize the performance of solar cells.
- Setups tests and checks for calibration using standard test procedure methods.
- Ensures test equipment and apparatus are properly calibrated prior to and during the measurement
- Document and update laboratory test procedures of test and measurement stations
- Confirm and validate the fidelity of results with scientist and/or engineers responsible for test data.
- Designs and modifies key components on test stations and assembles upgraded parts.
- Stays up to date with the latest techniques and capabilities to maintain current state-of-the-art with test stations
- Support scientist and/or engineers in researching and development new solar cell and array test capabilities
- Assists in the design and construction of new diagnostic tools including hardware and software development.
- Maintains, documents and organizes the inventory of solar cells, arrays, and associated data
- Ensures that instruments are calibrated and easily located. Notifies staff when instruments are due for calibration.
- Prepares data for presentation and/or publication.
- Purchases lab supplies for existing and new experiments.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate's or ASEET or equivalent degree in Physics, Chemistry, Electrical or Electronics Engineering Technology, or relevant science engineering degree
- Experience in electronics testing and quality control testing
- Documentation of calibration and test procedures
- Experience with research techniques and the use of laboratory instruments
- Knowledgeable and experienced in working with laboratory safety protocols
- Able to quickly troubleshoot problems
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to self-initiate activities, and to work within timelines
- Must possess time management and project management skills
- Associate's Degree in Physics, Chemistry, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or relevant science engineering degree
- Experienced in LabView, Python, c/c++ for hardware and software integration of test equipment
- Experience in using Python, Matlab, Origin, Igor, etc. for analyzing, modeling, and plotting data
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for data analysis, organizing the inventory
- Experience in database software such as MySQL for data processing and organization
- Solder certifications
- CAD certifications
- Labview Certified
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Technician, Laboratory, Engineer, Electrical, Drafting, Technology, Science, Engineering
Back to top