People Operations Specialist (Casual)
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 55502
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
We are looking for a proven self-starter who has a passion for Human Resources and People Operations to be a People Partner Coordinator. This individual will have exceptional communication skills and will love working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. We are a growing team and we are looking for an individual with a bias towards action who has exceptional excel and analytical skills and who enjoys multi-tasking.
This role reports to our Associate Director, Strategic People Partner.
- Partner with HR leadership to understand business issues and work to help develop solutions to support HR business objectives
- Support leaders and employees on human resource matters
- Manage large sets of data and work within Excel to manipulate data to tell a story
- Assist with developing and implementing HR programs and initiatives
- Assist with employee communication initiatives; updating records; managing, tracking, processing and compiling sensitive and confidential data
- Provide assistance on performance management planning
- Assist leaders and employees on interpreting HR policies and procedures
- Support HR team including:
- Preparation of presentations
- HR System database queries and report development
- Expense report management, and travel coordination
- HR projects and event coordination
Top candidate qualities:
- Analytical thinker and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work independently, be a team player, customer-oriented, self-motivated and take initiative
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization and work within a diverse organization
- Ability to establish priorities and manage competing demands
- Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Consistently strives for excellence and delivers top quality results
This is a Casual position with limited hours.
- A.S. Degree with four years of experience in an HR role, or BS degree in related field with zero to two years of HR experience
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and particularly Excel) i.e. pivot tables, macros, V-Lookups, charts, etc.
- Customer-centric aptitude
- Three or more years HR experience with a Bachelor's degree, or two or more years HR experience with Master's Degree
- Prior HR internship experience supporting multiple stakeholder groups
- MS in a Human Resources related field
- Experience with HR Databases
- Experience working in an HR organization
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PEOPLE PARTNER SPEC II
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Casual
Work Schedule: Part Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Laboratory, Aerospace, Database, Operations, Science, Aviation, Technology
Back to top