NASA HQ, Human Space Flight Project Leader
Requisition ID: 44878
All Locations: Crystal City, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The CSG Division of The Aerospace Corporation serves the public interest by utilizing our world-class space science and engineering expertise to solve complex systems problems and bring new technology to bear in order to: shape the future of space exploration; improve the quality of life by bringing space technology back to Earth; promote health, energy, transportation and the environment; and Inspire future generations of engineers and scientists.
- Support Human Exploration & Spaceflight Directorate projects to ensure delivery of timely quality products and services to NASA, and other domestic and international human exploration and spaceflight programs.
- Leverage existing relationships and establish new strategic relationships with NASA Headquarters' Human Exploration & Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD) and the NASA Centers.
- Work collaboratively with Space Launch Operations' Civil and Commercial Launch Projects (CCLP) for execution of launch-related NASA work.
- Partner with Aerospace subject matter experts across the corporation to transition current corporate capabilities into civil and commercial service offerings.
- Work with the teams to build program execution plans including forecasts and commitments for civil and commercial work.
- Support planning, staffing, coordination, and performance.
- Act as key interface between customer management and corporate executive management.
- Work effectively with other CSG Division Program Directorates to plan and execute tasks, as well as most effectively coordinate regional opportunities related to the program content of other directorates.
- Assemble and direct teams as required to analyze, define, and satisfy customer needs.
- Report organization technical activities, issues, and accomplishments to upper management, subordinates, and customers through briefings and written/oral reports.
- BS in Engineering or Physical Science required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience that includes program office management and technical leadership.
- Extensive knowledge of NASA organization, as well as the broader human spaceflight community.
- A broad background in both crew and launch systems required, including product and process experience in all phases of the acquisition lifecycle.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customers, contractors, and corporate staff.
- Credibility to advise senior government management in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated initiative, independent action, mature judgment, outstanding verbal and written communications skills, excellent liaison and coordination capabilities, effective teaming skills, and ability to interact effectively with all levels of Aerospace, government, and contractor personnel.
- Demonstrable examples of technical leadership of crew and launch-related activities and clear ability to assemble and direct teams.
- The ability to effectively present results and recommendations to senior-level Aerospace and customer management is vital.
- Ability to travel occasionally to NASA Headquarters and Human Spaceflight Centers and other domestic and international clients.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with strategic planning and development of new business opportunities.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT LEADER
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Arlington Virginia
Nearest Secondary Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Project Manager, Strategic Planning, Aerospace, Laboratory, Engineering, Technology, Strategy, Aviation, Science
Back to top