NASA Account Manager, Exploration and Space Operations
Requisition ID: 39002
All Locations: Crystal City, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Overall Responsibilities The Aerospace Civil Systems Group (CSG) is seeking qualified individuals for the position of Account Manager with significant business development experience with NASA. The position is responsible for expanding Aerospace Corporation value through delivery of core competencies including full life cycle independent assessment, systems engineering, and technology application for mission assurance to NASA and civil space programs related to human spaceflight, including exploration and space operations. The candidate selected for this position will be responsible for all dimensions of Aerospace CSG Human Exploration & Spaceflight Division's relationship with customers and customer community, and managing and leading a team of account representatives to pursue new business.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and expand Aerospace customer relationships across NASA directorates and centers.
- Understand customer issues and requirements and serve as the voice of the customer to Aerospace business capture and proposal teams.
- Think and act strategically and provide thought leadership to NASA & Aerospace
- Engage customers with Aerospace senior executives.
- Lead team of Account Representatives to expand the value of Aerospace through identifying, qualifying, resourcing and closing on a portfolio of near and long-term opportunities.
- Provide leadership in strategy, planning, development, pursuit and capture of opportunities, consistent with Aerospace policies/practices, goals, and business development objectives.
- Work as part of an integrated Aerospace team consisting of engineering and technology, science, contracts, legal, pricing, capture, proposal, and program management resources.
- Partner with program and project management to ensure customer needs are met
- Participate with line of business management on organization's structure and staffing
- Participate in budget planning and allocation of resources to extend Aerospace value
- Implement business processes and recommend improvements to management.
- Establish, report, and track: (1) growth against strategic plan goals (2) resource expenditure actuals vs. plan (3) opportunities through the pipeline (4) evolution of account plans and (5) return on investment
- Report activities, progress and achievements through written and oral reports to management, subordinates, and customers.
- Conduct staff performance reviews and recommend performance improvement, career development, salary and promotion actions; establish staffing needs, training, transfers, and other staff deployments; assist other supervisors in evaluation and assignment of staff.
- 12 years of progressively increased responsibility with direct experience in business development, account management and program management roles with NASA, preferably with some employment experience with NASA or an FFRDC or federally funded laboratory.
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering or equivalent is required. An advanced degree in an engineering discipline and/or in business administration is highly preferred.
- Experience developing and capturing business for federally-funded science, technology and engineering systems with demonstrated ability to close new business opportunities in the range of 10 to 100 STE (Staff Years of Technical Effort), preferably with NASA or a civil space agency for an FFRDC or federally funded laboratory.
- Ability to work as part of a geographically distributed team, as well as local team and independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, NASA Directorates, Programs and Centers.
- Demonstrated experience to evolve a strategy, develop and execute business capture plans, including directing individuals to support execution of elements of the plans.
- Experience managing business development investment budgets, allocations and reporting.
- Experience using enterprise class Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software with accountability for qualified pipeline and other performance metrics.
- Significant experience in a supervisory role; and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customer and corporate staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret clearance is required
- Ability to travel as needed.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : SYSTEMS DIRECTOR
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Arlington Virginia
Nearest Secondary Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Engineer, Aerospace, Laboratory, Operations, Engineering, Aviation, Science
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top