Multi Source Image Analyst
Requisition ID: 45332
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The selected all source image analyst analyst will work shoulder to shoulder with other members of The Imagery Products and Exploitation Department and Program Office analyst supporting multi-sensor data analysis, exploitation and integration across the intelligence community. The candidate will assist in technical advisory support, providing technical systems engineering solutions to support the OPIR Next Generation System and MDA acquisition and development. You will use your end-to-end knowledge of data exploitation and data analytics to provide independent verification and validation of new algorithm concepts and trade studies to determine optimal performance of space payloads, apply multi-int geospatial solutions and create custom visualizations and analytical reports for our customers.
- Provide Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) algorithm development
- Apply mathematical principles in the evaluation, development, and selection of image and signal processing techniques for the purpose of:
- Hyperspectral and wideband infrared target detection is a requirement
- Background suppression
- False alarm mitigation
- Understanding system requirements and interface with Aerospace Program Office and Government customers to solve complex issues.
- We expect the chosen candidate to be able to be an active algorithm developer in some of the programming languages described below.
- Candidate should be eager to explore tracking algorithms for missile defense applications
- We are looking for a person with a strong foundation in Geospatial mapping and fusing imagery, vector and other foundation data.
- Design, program and model Geographic Information Systems (GIS)/Geospatial applications or procedures.
- Create visual representations of geospatial data using complex procedures, such as analytical modeling and three-dimensional renderings or four-dimensional technologies to geospatial data. Provide tailored, timely geospatial intelligence products to support our customers to assist in meeting their missions and goals.
This role can be filled as an Aerospace Corporation Member of Technical Staff or Senior Member of Technical Staff
- Degree from an accredited university in Remote Sensing, Computer Science, Mathematics, Science or another related Engineering discipline.
- Up to 2 years of experience since obtaining a bachelor's degree.
- Familiarization in image processing techniques specific to short, mid and longwave infrared.
- Experienced in target detection and background suppression algorithm development.
- GIS analysts need to be skilled in GIS, understand databases, be able to create well-written and detailed reports, solve technical problems, and use math and statistics to analyze spatial data.
- Knowledge of tracking algorithm development using Kalman filtering and other non-linear techniques.
- Ability to perform modeling and simulations, test data generation, algorithm performance trade studies and report findings on new technical advances.
- Familiarity in conducting longer-range technical studies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customers' and corporate staff.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work interactively and effectively with Air Force and other government customers and with contractor personnel.
- Must have or ability to obtain TS/SCI clearances (US Citizenship Required).
- Familiarity with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, C/C++, IDL and MATLAB within Unix/Linux programming environments.
Requirements for Senior MTS
- Degree from an accredited university in Remote Sensing, Computer Science, Mathematics, Science or related Engineering discipline.
- Up to 7 years of experience since obtaining a bachelor's degree.
- Previous hands-on experience in image processing techniques specific to short, mid and longwave infrared.
- Skilled target detection and background suppression algorithms developer in both OPIR and hyperspectral imagery.
- GIS analysts need to be an expert in GIS, understand databases, be able to create well-written and detailed reports, solve technical problems, and use math and statistics to analyze spatial data.
- Proficient tracking algorithm developer using Kalman filtering and other non-linear techniques
- Previous hands-on experience in modeling and simulations, test data generation, algorithm performance trade studies and report findings on new technical advances.
- Previous experience in conducting longer-range technical studies.
- Track record of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of customers' and corporate staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work interactively and effectively with Air Force and other government customers and with contractor personnel
- Must have or ability to obtain TS/SCI clearances (US Citizenship Required).
- Skilled in applying advanced computer processing techniques like machine learning, artificial intelligence and computer vision to science data.
- Competent with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, C/C++, IDL and MATLAB within Unix/Linux programming environments.
- Transcript Requirement
- Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Information Systems, GIS, Geology, Security Clearance, Engineering, Technology, Government
Back to top