MTS/ Sr MTS- Space Program Cost, Schedule, & Risk Analysis
Requisition ID: 36861
All Locations: Crystal City, VA (Virginia); El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support senior staff on programmatic and technical studies to assist NASA, NOAA, and other civil customers in agency-level strategic decision-making on future programs and projects
- Work includes performing cost and schedule analysis on programs and projects throughout the development lifecycle, detailed assessments of earned value data, and technical risk assessments to inform program risk posture and assess programmatic health and status
- Support includes utilizing and maintaining databases, data sources, and data-driven analytical models. Typical products and services are independent cost/schedule estimates, programmatic assessments, advanced architecture studies, engineering assessments, strategic studies, development of capabilities/tools and pre-project support. Strategic studies work may span across NASA mission directorates including Aeronautics, Exploration, Science, and Space Operations as well as studies related to best practices, standards, Agency infrastructure, and policy. Support senior staff on the execution and integration of technical analyses products.
- Current customers include NASA Headquarters (HQ) Executive offices: Office of the Administrator, Chief Engineer, Chief Technologist, Chief Safety Officer; and NASA HQ Mission Directorates: Exploration Systems, Science Missions and Space Technology Missions. Customers also include HQ support organizations at Langley Research Center and Marshall Spaceflight Center such as NASA Engineering and Safety Center (NESC), Science Office for Mission Assessments (SOMA), Technology Demonstration Missions and Game Changing Technology Program and Discovery/New Frontiers/Lunar Quest office, and the National Research Council (NRC). Work may also include support to inter-Agency studies with organizations including the Department of Energy, National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) and the Department of Defense.
- Candidates should be able to work and communicate effectively as part of a team in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment, react quickly to changing requirements and schedules, and provide products of consistently high quality
- Candidates must be able to effectively work with multiple projects simultaneously
- Travel may be required to support various customers
- Candidate should be able to summarize and present analysis findings to senior staff and customers
- The position is a dual grade requisition and be filled as a MTS or Sr. MTS
- A Bachelors degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Multidisciplinary experience including, spacecraft and launch vehicle concept design and operation, knowledge of NASA missions and technologies, knowledge of NASA development lifecycle, development requirements and guidelines is desired
- Dependability, good interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to work on teams are essential
- Working with the Aerospace Engineering Technology Group matrix and Aerospace program offices is required
- Experience in systems engineering, risk assessment, cost modeling and analysis, independent cost estimating and tradespace exploration studies is desired
- Experience directly interfacing with customers and delivering comprehensive assessment products is desired
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
Desired Sr MTS Qualification:
- 5 or more years of increasingly responsible and related engineering/scientific experience
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Aerospace, Laboratory, Secret Clearance, Systems Engineer, Engineering, Aviation, Science, Government
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top