Model Based Systems Engineer / Digital Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 53041
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
We are looking for a Model Based Systems Engineer to provide support to the customer's Office of Digital Engineering (ODE) which is the center of excellence for model-based and digital engineering. In this new opportunity position you will interact daily with the customer counterpart and provide systems engineering and Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) expertise to assist in the transition to a Digital Engineering (DE) environment across the entire organization.
- Assist customer in maintaining a reliable and accessible digital architecture and functional baseline repository
- Understand and support customer in transformation to a DE environment when performing:
- the implementation of acquisition and system readiness activities
- architecture development and management
- capability development and management
- requirements and interface development and management
- independent technical assessments and studies
- Identify tasks and provide oversight of studies and analyses to be performed by the Aerospace Engineering Matrix support organization and/or support teams of Government and SETA personnel.
- Develop briefings and present recommendations to customer and Aerospace management staff at all levels of the organization.
This position is in Chantilly VA with occasional domestic travel required.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant engineering experience.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university in engineering, sciences, or mathematics or related technical discipline.
- Must have good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work in integrated Government/FFRDC/SETA teams.
- Knowledge and experience in using Systems Modeling Language (SysML)
- Must be capable of interacting directly with senior Government management and be able to work autonomously in a program office environment.
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise systems engineering and enterprise architecture development
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience in digital engineering (DE) techniques.
- A current and active TS/SCI
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Knowledge and experience in Unified Modeling Language (UML); and Unified Profile for DoDAF/MODAF (UPDM) and Unified Architecture Framework (UAF)
- Knowledge and experience in using modeling software: Cameo Systems Modeler, (CSM), MagicDraw, Rhapsody, Sparx Enterprise Architect (EA), IBM Rational Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS), and IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation.
- Knowledge and experience in using one of the following or equivalent modeling methodologies: OOSEM or SYSMOD. Experience using multiple design and modeling methodologies is desired.
- An advanced degree from accredited university in engineering, sciences, mathematics or related technical discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in architecture governance and management.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast pace environment and complete tasks on short timelines.
- Experience with intelligence community (IC) and department of defense (DoD) customer business processes, operations, and systems.
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience in digital engineering techniques used with system engineering architecture assessments, integrated schedule assessment, validation, verification, mission assurance, requirements resolution for trace discrepancies, and trade studies to include Government Reference Architecture development and Analysis of Alternatives activities.
- Knowledge of Aerospace Engineering Matrix organization capabilities and experience with identifying tasks and managing support.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Knowledge and experience with the Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Ministry of Defense Architecture Framework (MODAF), NATO Architecture Framework (NAF), or Unified Architecture Framework (UAF).
- Knowledge and experience in using multiple modeling and simulation tools.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Systems Engineer, Security Clearance, Developer, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Government, Technology
Back to top