Mission Analysis Project Leader /Sr. Project Lead
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 52424
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Modeling and Simulation Department (MSD) at Aerospace is seeking a Project Leader to join their team. MSD provides world-class analysis to quantify the performance and utility of space, ground, and related systems for the DoD, NRO, Civil, and Commercial Customers. We deliver technical insights of a system's performance in complex scenarios through software development, modeling & simulation, optimization, and data visualization to enable informed decision making, and ultimately, we answer the "So What?" question. Specific areas of focus include military utility analysis, communication architecture and network assessments, space resiliency, unmanned air systems, scenario and concept of operations development, model-based systems engineering, and ballistic missile defense.
- Lead the modeling, simulation, and analysis of DoD, NRO, Civil, and Commercial space systems for the military utility analysis capability area
- Assist customers in defining measures of effectiveness and performance
- Develop and use operational scenarios based on DoD sources
- Conduct trade studies of architecture alternatives
- Develop large-scale, systems-of-systems simulation tools and associated databases
- Employ agent-based models to evaluate the contribution of systems and CONOPS to successful military operations
- Perform analyses that incorporate phenomena across multiple disciplines including astrodynamics, communications, reconnaissance, operations research, and missile Defense
- Communicate analysis results to management and customers and document results in technical reports
This position is available as a Project Leader or a Sr. Project Leader.
Required Qualifications for Project Leader
- BS or advanced degree in engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, or related field
- Eight or more years of professional technical experience after obtaining a bachelor's degree
- Experience with modeling and simulation of military systems and operations
- Familiarity with DoD systems including Army, Navy, and Air Force and their CONOPS
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to identify, organize, prioritize, and ensure timely completion of tasks is required
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with customers, contractors, and colleagues is required
- Excellent writing skills and a sample of written technical work
- Current DoD/SECRET security clearance with eligibility to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Additional Required Qualifications for Sr. Project Leader
- Twelve or more years of professional technical experience after obtaining a bachelor's degree
- Project management experience and demonstrated ability to successfully lead geographically dispersed teams
- Experience leading/mentoring junior staff
- Experience developing or executing OPORDs or OPLANs
- Graduate degree in engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, or related field
- Experience in systems engineering, trade studies, and engineering research
- Experience with agent-based modeling, specifically SEAS and AFSIM tools
- Experience in the modeling and simulation of DoD, NRO, Civil, and Commercial space systems
- Excellent programming skills and the facility to apply computer programs to solve complex problems
- Experience with software development processes and technologies
- Experience in operations research, communications systems, missile defense, reconnaissance, astrodynamics, and/or stochastic models
- Previous active-duty experience in the armed forces
- Current Top Secret/SCI clearance
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Computer Science, Laboratory, Aerospace, Security Clearance, Engineering, Technology, Science, Aviation, Government
Back to top