MILSATCOM Technical Advisor
Requisition ID: 45263
All Locations: Arlington, VA (Virginia); Washington, DC (District of Columbia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Join the Department of Defense team developing the future vision and architecture for Military Satellite Communications. Support acquisition, launch, and test and evaluation activities for satellite, ground station and control activities that deliver protected communication capabilities to warfighters. Drive integration and synchronization of military and commercial capabilities to meet warfighter needs.
• Provide on-site support at SAF/AQS in support of Military Satellite Communications (MILSATCOM) Program activities.
• Provide technical and analytic support, systems architecting, and systems engineering services to the Director of Space Programs, in the Office of the Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition (SAF/AQS) and serve as an on-site technical liaison for the MILSATCOM program offices.
• Assist the MILSATCOM Program Element Monitors (PEMs) as directed.
This position supports the Engineering Oversight subdivision of the Defense Systems Operations (DSO) Division within Defense Systems Group (DSG).
The selected candidate will:
- Provide MILSATCOM technical and analytic support to the Director for Space Programs, in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition (SAF/AQS), and serve as an on-site technical liaison for the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) MILSATCOM Division program office
- Support the Director, Global Space Power Projection Division on the SAF/AQS staff and assist the MILSATCOM Program Element Monitor (PEM) as directed
- Provide technical support to SAF/AQS, SAF/AQ, and SECAF for MILSATCOM systems programs and initiatives
- Provide time-sensitive responses to staff questions on technical and programmatic MILSATCOM systems issues
- Provide technical support in the development of position papers and official responses to Congress, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, and the Intelligence Community (IC)
- Support the development of decision memoranda related to MILSATCOM system acquisition
- Provide a conduit for SAF/AQS, DoD, and the IC to access Aerospace corporate and technical expertise
- The selected candidate must work effectively in an onsite environment with the customer and have the ability to work with senior Government leaders, contractors, other government agencies, the various Aerospace program offices, and the Aerospace Engineering and Technical Group (ETG) to address issues and provide the customer with the best available technical and programmatic analyses.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, science, computer science, or other technical discipline
- Minimum of 12 years' experience in MILSATCOM systems engineering and/or operations. In particular, the qualified candidate should have a strong background in satellite communications systems technologies, capabilities, and acquisition, an understanding of space systems development, and familiarity with Air Force/National Security Space budgetary and programmatic planning
- Experience in briefing senior Government leaders (General officer and/or SES)
- Demonstrated knowledge of current MILSATCOM systems issues and/or prior program office experience
- Possess a thorough understanding of the roles played by the Office of the Secretary of Defense; the Office of the Secretary of the Air Force and Air Force Space Command; the space system program offices; the defense agencies; the Joint Staff; and other government organizations in the acquisition, management, and operation of the national security space enterprise
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills and must be adept at oral and written communication
- Possess a proven ability to work effectively with senior government, military personnel, co-located FFRDC, and SETA contractors
- Current TS/SCI clearance is required
- Advanced degree in engineering, mathematics, science, computer science, or other technical discipline
- Experience/familiarity with the capabilities associated with SAF/AQS
- Previous experience working in the Pentagon
- Broad technical and some specific experience relevant to supporting Aerospace's Pentagon customers
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Arlington Virginia
Nearest Secondary Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Computer Science, Military Intelligence, Aerospace, Laboratory, Engineering, Technology, Government, Aviation, Science
Back to top