Requisition ID: 47602
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Navigation and Geopositioning Systems Department (NGSD) is seeking Mathematicians and Numerical Analysts to perform mission design studies, numerical analyses, and algorithmic / software development. NGSD serves as a center of excellence in the development and advancement of position, navigation, and timing technologies for the DoD, NRO, and civil/commercial space communities. Specific areas of interest include geopositioning systems, orbit determination systems, and mission architecture design. The Mathematician/Numerical Analyst position includes the following functions:
- Acquire core competencies in navigation and geopositioning technologies while teamed up with department experts in providing customer support in these areas. Core Competencies include space flight dynamics, measurement modeling, optimal parameter estimation, and statistical process modeling.
- Design and evaluate algorithms and physical models involving heavy utilization of differential equations, vibrational equations, partial derivatives, and real- and complex-valued sub spaces.
- Perform a variety of assessments of current and proposed systems related to the accuracy of position and velocity determination and trajectory reconstruction.
- Perform orbit determination for a variety of satellite missions using real and simulated data.
- Conduct performance analyses of satellite-based navigation, geolocation, and sensor systems.
- Conduct research to advance position, navigation, and timing technologies for national security space and civil/commercial space programs.
- Perform analyses and studies for next-generation Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) designs and architectures.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Physical Science Curriculum or related field.
- Two (2) years of technical experience required.
- Experience in astrodynamics, numerical analysis, statistics, and estimation theory.
- Competence in oral and written communications.
- Interpersonal skills and attitudes to work in a cooperative technical environment are essential.
- The ability to work independently.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in related field.
- Programming skills in both scripted (Perl or Python) and compiled (C, C++, Fortran, JAVA) languages.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace, Developer, Java, Engineering, Government, Aviation, Technology
Back to top