Material and Process Engineer
Requisition ID: 40991
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for an entry-level, early career Materials & Process Engineer. This position is located in El Segundo, CA.
The Parts, Materials, and Processes Department (PMPD) provides engineering support for space and launch system design and production to assure functionality, producibility, quality, availability, and reliability. This includes support in the areas of electrical, electronic, and electromechanical (EEE) parts procurement, qualification, application, and anomaly resolution as well as materials and processes activities as related to electronic piece parts and assemblies. We also assist the Air Force Space and Missile Center Chief Engineer's Office and NRO's Systems Engineering organization on PMP infrastructure including standardization; supplier and manufacturer audits; issuing advisories, alerts, and lessons learned; data sharing forums, and the generation and modification of military specifications and standards related to PMP.
- Provide technical advice to management, customers, and associate contractors for the selection, specification, test, screening, qualification, application, and root cause failure analysis of EEE parts.
- Support laboratory assessments of electronic parts, materials, and processes.
- Work independently and team with laboratory staff and electronic parts subject matter experts.
- Provide technical support for customer and corporate infrastructure activities to share lessons learned, common practices, and preventive actions.
This position can be filled as an Associate Member of Technical Staff (AMTS) or Member of Technical Staff (MTS)
Performance standards to be successful in this position include:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Bachelors of science in an appropriate technical discipline such as electrical engineering, physics, or materials science from a recognized institution to be considered for the Associate MTS role.
- Masters of science in an appropriate technical discipline such as electrical engineering, physics, or materials science from a recognized institution to be considered for the MTS role.
- 0-1 year of industry related experience
- Coursework in basic electronics and laboratory experience
- Working knowledge of tools and techniques for electronics failure analysis
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI clearance issued by the US Government. US Citizenship required to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to concisely provide advice to customers.
- Masters or Ph.D. from a recognized institution in an appropriate technical discipline such as electrical engineering, physics, or materials science.
- Prior experience with tools and techniques for electronics failure analysis and destructive physical analysis in accordance with MIL-STD 1580.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MTS-ASSOCIATE
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top