Master or Ph.D. Microwave Solutions Engineer - New Grad
Requisition ID: 46000
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Solve the microwave engineering problems that others can't. Apply your creativity to develop novel test sets and push microwave instrumentation to its limits. Deliver the technical information to determine whether a payload launches by working in microwave laboratories and with microwave simulation tools. As consultants to our government customers, we immediately impact the direction and development of payloads for both small and large-satellites. Mitigate or exploit the effect of nonlinearities in microwave communication systems. Participate in and eventually lead a long-term project to develop GaN microwave circuitry that will be placed into the next generation satellites. Our academic-like collegial atmosphere encourages collaboration with and continued learning from our engineers who are leaders in their fields of expertise. We're also ready to learn from you.
• Solve microwave hardware anomalies by applying analytical and experimental studies
• Develop MMIC designs in support of GaN device capability and reliability studies
• Develop and apply advanced microwave measurement techniques
• Develop advanced cubesat payloads, amplifiers, transmitters and receivers and perform microwave hardware-based laboratory measurements required to evaluate performance
• Perform budget, circuit and full-wave simulations of microwave components, and systems
• Document work products in briefings and/or technical reports to customers and colleagues
• Interface with Aerospace internal and external customers, and external contractors for the exchange of technical information
• Candidate will work on a diverse set of projects. It is very important to be hands-on, willing to learn, and be comfortable in working in a dynamic environment of varying requirements and tasks, and with engineers of diverse backgrounds and expertise
• High motivation with a desire to learn and carry out tasks with guidance/leadership of experienced staff
• Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and 0 -1 years of experience with an emphasis on microwave and/or millimeter-wave hardware, measurements, and analysis/simulation
• Experience with ADS or Microwave Office, HFSS or CST, MATLAB, RF circuit layout, and instrument control
• Experience in microwave signal simulations and data evaluation
• Experience using network and spectrum analyzes, oscilloscopes, and arbitrary waveform generators
• Experience in microwave and analog circuitry, such as filters, amplifiers, oscillators, and PLLs
• Ability to handle a dynamic environment, open-ended tasks, and simultaneously support multiple tasks
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance with SCI / SSBI access which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
Required for consideration as an Sr. Member of the Technical Staff (In Addition)
• Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering and 0-1 years of experience
• Demonstrated leadership experience with research or solution of engineering anomalies
• Demonstrated ability to handle ambiguity and open-ended tasks
• Demonstrated ability to build RF hardware or systems
• Complete assigned tasking with minimal supervision
• PhD degree in Electrical Engineering
• Experience with MMIC design and RF circuit layout principles
• Experience with mitigation or exploitation of nonlinearities in microwave systems
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering, Government, Aviation
Back to top