Market and Business Intelligence Analyst
Requisition ID: 48341
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia); El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Market and Business Intelligence Analyst. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA. The successful candidate will be a part of the Economic and Market Analysis Center Department.
- Spearheads development of business intelligence analysis, tools, and products for government customers. Projects may include building and streamlining economic, market, business, and financial analysis tools, developing products to rapidly identify, and disseminate "alerts" of significant business events to US Government leadership responsible for acquiring current and future systems.
- Leads interdisciplinary team in ongoing research or technical programs and coordinate interfaces with the customer and/or Aerospace program offices.
- Provides strategy, business and economic advice to senior Aerospace, customer, and possibly contractor leadership
- Educates customer, and enables integrating business intelligence and analytics into their acquisition processes and strategic program planning
- Supports multiple programs and/or activities and frequently act as point-of-contact for technical activities
- Interact with Government and contractor representatives to bring key aspects of technology, engineering design, business, economic analysis, and market research to bear on acquisition planning support and national industrial base policy
This position is available as an Engineering Specialist (L2) or Sr. Engineering Specialist (L3)
Required for Engineering Specialist
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 8 years of applicable experience working with Wall Street and/or Department of Defense industry stakeholders
- Demonstrated strengths in several of the following: technology forecasting and road-mapping, financial and market analysis, econometrics, business case or business plan analysis, and industrial base/benchmarking analysis
- General knowledge of design engineering processes, manufacturing, and procurement practices as related to understanding industry strategic planning and viability
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills (written and oral), leadership and problem-solving abilities as well as the ability to present to senior management
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to work with multidisciplinary and cross-organizational teams of the contractor, FFRDC, and government personnel with flexibility and versatility
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, US citizenship is required
Required for Senior Engineering Specialist
- Minimum of 12 years of applicable experience working with Wall Street and industry stakeholders
- Familiarity with companies supporting aerospace/defense industrial base
- Graduate business/investment degree or equivalent experience/certification
- Current TS/SCI clearance
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Business Intelligence, Engineer, Military Intelligence, Computer Science, Strategic Planning, Technology, Engineering, Government, Strategy
Back to top