Manufacturing Process Engineer
Requisition ID: 44190
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Systems and Operations Assurance Department provides expertise in product and process assurance and manufacturing engineering. We have a current need for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to provide technical support for the evaluation, verification, and analysis activities related to the manufacturing, testing, and integration of hardware used on spacecraft and launch vehicles.
- Support the development of manufacturing requirements for hardware development and qualification
- Evaluate manufacturing capabilities, processes, and controls
- Assess root cause analysis and corrective action plans for manufacturing nonconformities
- Perform hardware design and manufacturing reviews, functional and physical configuration audits, and process quality audits
- Evaluate advanced manufacturing methods and technologies
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing or mechanical engineering from an accredited institution
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience as a manufacturing or process engineer in the high-reliability manufacturing of space or aerospace hardware
- Current and active TS/SCI clearance
- Ability to travel up to approximately 30%
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, self-initiated activities, and work to deadlines
- Ability to support multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to learn design and manufacturing simulation tools
- Experience with the development and implementation of requirements
- Thorough knowledge of commercial and military manufacturing standards and practices, such as MIL-STD-1528 or SAE AS6500
- Experience working in a space systems integration and test environment
- Experience performing design trade or producibility studies
- Experience using contractor databases to access manufacturing documentation (work orders, nonconformance reports, engineering drawings, etc.)
- Experience supporting manufacturing readiness reviews or assessments
- Experience supporting investigations and analyses of hardware or process anomalies/failures
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering, Aviation
Back to top