Manager of Enterprise Platforms Development
Requisition ID: 44974
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Aerospace is seeking a Manager of Enterprise Platforms Development to lead the development of business applications based on off-the-shelf rapid application development platforms. The selected candidate will manage a growing group of approximately 6 staff. Aerospace's IT organization operates several platforms that provide core out-of-the-box capabilities while also serving as the basis for custom applications that extend those capabilities. These platforms include ServiceNow, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and Lotus Notes, and may include additional platforms in the future. This group is responsible for the platforms themselves as well as development and sustainment of applications built on the platforms. The manager of this group is expected to apply best practices from software engineering and operations to these efforts.
- Provide oversight and direction to department staff, including goal setting, performance management, and career development and coaching.
- Work with other IT departments to establish and maintain a roadmap for enterprise platforms, integrated with development efforts occurring outside the department that are focused on custom applications and off-the-shelf systems.
- Make strategic and tactical decisions on the design, development, implementation, testing, and deployment of business applications based on enterprise platforms, ensuring functionality, usability, and security.
- Supervise the operation and sustainment of enterprise platforms, including configuration, integration with other enterprise systems, upgrades, and addition of new modules and capabilities.
- Implement and mature agile development processes within the group, and provide leadership in agile practices to the rest of the corporation.
- Manage resources, including labor, capital, and overhead budget.
- Communicate effectively with senior management, peers, staff, and customers both inside and outside the corporation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Technical background in software engineering.
- Experience in delivering mission-critical capabilities using rapid application development platforms.
- Demonstrated leadership experience over a portfolio of successful, technologically complex projects, particularly in software engineering.
- Strong skills in team-building, oral and written communication.
- This role requires the ability to obtain a secret clearance which is issued by the US government and US citizenship is required.
- Advanced degrees in relevant disciplines
- Experience with ServiceNow, Microsoft Dynamics, or Lotus Notes
- Management experience, particularly in software or systems development
- Fluency in agile methods, particularly Scrum, with direct experience participating in or leading agile teams. Relevant certifications a plus.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Computer Science, Laboratory, Aerospace, Technology, Engineering, Science, Aviation
Back to top