Manager, Corporate Investigations
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 53102
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Manager of Corporate Investigations will establish and implement departmental measures and carry out internal investigations for the company. The Manager will manage a team of investigators and oversee the day-to-day operations and activities of corporate investigative activities enterprise-wide.
- Review all incident reports and investigations for completeness, accuracy, and timeliness. Ensure all incidents are addressed consistently and fairly and in accordance with established internal and external handling procedures.
- Provide training to personnel responsible for generating reports to ensure corporate records are written properly and maintained in a consistent manner.
- Collaborate with various departments, managers, and staff at other office locations to develop standards and procedures necessary for the effective resolution of incidents. Ensure investigators adhere to set procedures and regulations for case handling.
- Maintain an excellent level of customer service by addressing clients courteously, politely, and professionally while handling case information with utmost care as sensitive but unclassified information.
- Conduct performance audits to identify operational weaknesses and adjust to improve work efficiency.
- Establish case objectives and supply investigators with the required motivation and approach using corporate resources necessary for resolving issues. Review and supervise investigations to discover the facts of a case.
- Handle more complex cases and issues and support the Threat Assessment Committee. Clearly communicate cases that need cross-organizational input and awareness (e.g., insider threat, workplace violence).
- Work closely with Insider Threat Senior Official and program staff to ensure cases are handled in accordance with corporate and government regulations.
- Interface regularly with external customers to establish professional working relationships and resources (e.g., AF Office of Special Investigations, NRO Counterintelligence, National Air & Space Intelligence Center, Federal Bureau of Investigation, law enforcement agencies).
- Provide physical security service for involuntary terminations and similar situations.
- Utilize Information Technology (IT) systems to manage case files for accurate record-keeping and proper organization of corporate investigative information.
- Create and present updates, reports, trends and metrics to staff, peers and leadership as required.
- Attend relevant training and seminars to ensure skills and knowledge remain current with industry standards.
- Evaluate corporate investigations program on a regular basis to identify ways to improve efficiencies and streamline processes.
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, public administration or a relevant management degree
- Management experience
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint and other standard office applications
- Integrity, trust and ethical moral values
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Minimum DOD Top Secret required with ability to obtain and maintain SCI
- Experience in handling cybersecurity investigations and/or have digital forensics skills and IT security training
- Experience in law enforcement, corporate investigations or criminal justice
- ASIS Professional Certified Investigator certification or other similar certifications and
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Criminal Investigator, Supply, Laboratory, Aerospace, Technology, Security, Operations, Science, Aviation
Back to top