Requisition ID: 46924
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Maintenance Electrician is responsible for repairing, constructing, installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining routine electrical systems and equipment. Modifies, aligns, calibrates, designs, programs, installs, tests, troubleshoots, and maintains routine electrical systems and equipment to include control systems and production equipment. Cuts, threads, bends, couples, and straps conduit as required. Troubleshoots electrical malfunctions, inspects circuits and wiring for shielding and grounding, and tests electrical equipment for safety and efficiency.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
This is a 2nd Shift position (3pm-Midnight M-F)
- Maintains all electrical infrastructure for all company owned or leased properties.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all electrical systems to avoid unscheduled power interruptions.
- Adds new electrical circuits for new equipment.
- Surveys new construction projects and makes recommendations.
- Takes part in monthly generator testing.
- Coordinates with outside contracts and ensures that vendors are abiding by current OSHA regulations.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience with certification in assigned area and High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certificate of completion from accredited trade school
- Must be able to work 2nd shift (3pm-Midnight)
- This requisition requires a secret clearance which is issued by the US government and US citizenship is required.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may visit locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces, and may be exposed to seasonal elements.
- Intermittent travel to gain access to work areas and buildings.
- Requires lifting, bending, crawling, and climbing a ladder.
- May be required to work in cramped, tight, and/or high areas.
- May involve heavy lifting.
- May work around loud equipment.
- Possible exposure to chemical and biological hazards.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Electrical, Electrician, Laboratory, Aerospace, Engineering, Science, Aviation
Back to top