LRSO Project Engineer or Senior Project Engineer (Reliability and Manufacturing)
Requisition ID: 43623
All Locations: Eglin AFB, FL (Florida)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Nuclear Operations Directorate (NOD) is seeking a Senior Project Leader to provide Reliability and Manufacturing engineering support to the USAF LRSO SPO Reliability and Manufacturing Group with development, oversight, and execution of system, subsystem and component level testing to include but not limited to system qualification testing, reliability growth testing, accelerated life testing and highly accelerated life testing. Support development of requirements verification plans, determining test methods to verify requirements, develop test plans and procedures, assist with coordination with internal and external organizations, observe test events at contractor facilities, perform supporting analysis, as needed, and develop test reports and provide independent assessments of results. The successful candidate will provide reliability and manufacturing engineering support, requirements analysis for strategic systems, and evaluate reliability and manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; and soliciting observations from operators. The candidate will be a customer interface for the Air Delivered Capabilities Directorate (AFNWC/ND) at the USAF Nuclear Weapons Center. The candidate must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and be able to effectively interface with the government customer and contractors. The candidate will serve as technical lead; in support of AFNWC/ND. This position reports directly to the LRSO Systems Director for LRSO, Nuclear Operations Directorate, Eglin AFB.
- Support the SPO's Reliability and Maintainability Group with developing and implementing their R&M focus areas.
- Developing plans and processes to meet their R&M KSAs; development and validation of system requirements to include but not limited to system qualification testing, reliability growth testing, accelerated life testing and highly accelerated life testing.
- Identify and manage Critical Manufacturing Processes
- Devise solutions to existing manufacturing problems and standardized design criteria across all product lines
- Support review and analysis of contractor deliveries by implementation of a Quality Data System
- Advise Government Program Office implementation of Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Reliability efforts
- Conduct First Article inspections and conduct failures analysis to determine root cause
- Implement FMECAs to mature designs and manufacturing processes
- Support deficiency/enhancement management process to include deficiency reports (DRs)
- Assist with processing Engineering Change Proposals and technical assistance requests (-107s)
- Interface with DCMA on contractor performance and identify process/ product issues
- Support Material Review Board activities and Manufacturing Maturity Assessments
- Collect/review/assess contractor monthly production metrics and highlight manufacturing issues
- Assess subcontractor production metrics and identify potential manufacturing trends and issues
- Perform trend analysis and lead studies (to include producibility analysis) as required in support of Air Delivered Capabilities Directorate
- Assess Quality Assurance (QA) efforts by effectively applying Supply Chain Risk Management
- Support review and analysis of contractor data deliveries
- Support teams of Government, FFRDC, and SETA personnel and work with directorates and offices across the government organization
- Up to 50% travel may be required to US domestic locations
- This position can be filled as a dual level requisiton L2 (Project Engineer) or L3 (Sr. Project Engineer)
- Experience with reliability and manufacturing engineering including:
- Developing and validating R&M system requirements to include but not limited to overseeing system qualification testing, reliability growth testing, accelerated life testing and highly accelerated life testing
- Conferring with supply chain and vendors to determine product specifications and facilitate procurement of equipment, tooling, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Preparing manufacturing plans and working with supply chain to improve overall reliability and manufacturing efficiencies and identifing and implementing potential cost savings
- Estimating production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Developing Concept of operations
- Planning and executing Risk management, independent technical assessments, and trade study analysis
- A Bachelor of Science degree in science, engineering, or mathematics from a recognized institution
- Minimum 5 or more years with relevant reliability and manufacturing engineering, , program integration, and mission assurance experience
- Must have applied knowledge/experience with DFM/DFR principles and experience with AS9100 Quality Systems
- Previous experience supporting acquisition and operation of strategic weapons systems
- A current Secret clearance is required (successful candidate must be able to obtain a DoD Top Secret SCI clearance)
- Extensive background in reliability and manufacturing engineering to include project and team management, requirements development and verification, staffing, and resource estimation
- Experience interfacing with DOD customers
- Possess reliability and manufacturing test related experience to include: hardware and software test procedure development and verification, rack elevation design/assembly, lab and hazardous material management, and test non-conformance resolution
- Knowledge of Aerospace ETG capabilities and experience with identifying tasks and managing ETG support
- A current Top Secret clearance
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Walton Beach
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Supply, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Operations
Back to top