LRSO Project Engineer or Senior Project Engineer (Digital Engineering)
- Shalimar, FL
Requisition ID: 50830
All Locations: Eglin AFB, FL (Florida)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Nuclear Operations Directorate (NOD) is seeking a Senior Project Leader to provide Digital engineering support to the USAF LRSO SPO Systems Engineering group with development, oversight, and execution of establishing the LRSO Digital System Model as outlined in the OSD Digital Engineering Strategy (DE Strat). The successful candidate will provide the program office the ability to work with the prime contractor in developing a common data taxonomy, infrastructure architecture, and enterprise tools and connectors necessary to support a model-based enterprise. The candidate will be a customer interface for the Air Delivered Capabilities Directorate (AFNWC/ND) at the USAF Nuclear Weapons Center. The candidate must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and be able to effectively interface with the government customer and contractors. The candidate will serve as technical lead; in support of AFNWC/ND. This position reports directly to the LRSO Systems Director for LRSO, Nuclear Operations Directorate, Eglin AFB, FL.
- Perform as a Solutions architect with the ability to recommend and develop a data taxonomy across many functional areas
- Provide expert knowledge of hardware and software architectures necessary to support a model-based enterprise
- Support the SPO with development and execution of a Digital Engineering (DE) Plan to include establishment of a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment
- Support the SPO with establishment and execution of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) processes and tools
- Support development of source selection criteria and execution of the process
- Support the SPO with Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) entry & exit criteria, as it relates to DE
- Support the SPO with Request for Proposal and Statement of Work preparation
- Lead DE related studies and analysis efforts
- Support review and analysis of contractor DE environment and associated data deliveries
- Support teams of Government, FFRDC, and SETA personnel and work with directorates and offices across the government organization
- Develop briefings and present recommendations to customer and Aerospace management staff at all levels of the organization
- Up to 25% travel may be required to US domestic locations
- This position can be filled as a dual level requisiton L2 (Project Engineer) or L3 (Sr. Project Engineer)
- Experience with establishing a Digital Engineering environment to include:
- Data Architecting
- Teamcenter and or Windchill PLM tools and Business Process Automation
- Cameo Enterprise Architect and or Rhapsody modeling tools (UML, SysML)
- Creo and or SolidWorks 3D CAD modeling tools
- Familiarity with neutral formats (JT, 3D PDF, XMI, etc.
- A Master of Science degree in science or engineering from a recognized institution
- Minimum 5 or more years with relevant digital engineering experience
- PLM implementation
- Previous experience supporting acquisition and operation of strategic weapons systems
- A current Secret clearance is required with a closeout date in the last six years (successful candidate must be able to obtain a DoD Top Secret SCI clearance).
- Ten or more years with relevant digital engineering experience
- PLM implementation and sustainment
- Experience interfacing with DOD customers in a program office environment
- Knowledge of Aerospace Engineering Technology Group (ETG) capabilities and experience with identifying tasks and managing ETG support
- A current Top Secret clearance
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Walton Beach
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, CAD, Engineering
Back to top