Learning & Development Facilitator
Requisition ID: 46027
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Aerospace University (AU) is seeking a dynamic and polished learning professional to facilitate a variety of activities related to People Development and Business Applications. Reporting to the Training Manager, this individual contributor role will collaborate within AU and the larger Aerospace Corporation community to determine training needs for the organization and develop appropriate solutions to address those needs.
With a strong background in training delivery, facilitation and design, the Learning and Development Facilitator is responsible for masterfully facilitating programs supporting business process training and soft skills improvement. These high-profile initiatives each require creativity, innovation, and knowledge of adult learning concepts to develop, enhance, and continually improve our classroom, self-paced, and virtual live engagements. The facilitator will assist with the selection and implementation of soft skill training curricula, management development courses, and other employee development programs for the Aerospace Corporation nationwide. This self-motivated individual will have solid knowledge in instructor-led (ILT) training, virtual learning, eLearning, and on-the-job (OJT) methodologies with a focus on learning modules that can be scaled across the company and can be adapted to different learning styles.
While AU possesses internal instructional design capabilities, the facilitator will be tasked with creating and facilitating just-in-time and more robust training solutions to meet the ever-changing needs of our workforce. The Learning and Development Facilitator will interface across multiple levels of the company to determine training needs. This will include forming ongoing relationships with HR Business Partners, participating in needs assessment activities, interfacing with internal clubs and organizations, and collaborating with company leaders. Overall, the facilitator role is a key contributor who combines a successful and in-depth learning and talent development background with demonstrated strengths in course facilitation, instructional design, and management development expertise.
- Develop and deliver/facilitate training programs aimed at addressing employee developmental needs.
- Maintain a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism when facilitating classes with the goal of inspiring and keeping the audience engaged.
- Recommends and implements learning solutions that create an overall people skills program to include self-improvement, interpersonal development and business skills. Works with external vendors and internal project teams as appropriate.
- Assesses the people development needs of the Aerospace Corporation to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the company.
- Establishes relationships and collaborates with resources across the company to identify areas of greatest opportunity for improvement and responds with training initiatives as appropriate.
- Partners with AU Instructional Designers to collaborate in the development of learning solutions that utilize best practices in adult learning.
- Bachelor's degree
- 6 or more years of progressively responsible related experience in talent development, talent management, and/or learning and development
- 4 or more years of experience specifically designing and facilitating people development and business process courses. This includes alternatives to classroom delivery such as curation of vendor content (articles, eLearning, videos, etc.), implementation of web-based learning, and developing self-study tools.
- Experience with training technology that offers alternatives to in-person delivery such as Articulate, Adobe Connect/WebEx for Training/Skype, and other related tools.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage exceptional platform skills to facilitate classroom and virtual programs effectively, persuasively, and with impact; ability to facilitate large group meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of employees to include negotiating with others, business acumen, and collaboration to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated instructional design expertise; strong knowledge of adult learning methodologies and ability to build practical, applicable, and results-driven learning programs
- Availability to travel in support of training initiatives as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Development, Organizational Development, Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or a related field such as Education or Business
- Applicable professional certifications such as Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), Society for Human Resources Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), or Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP)
- Certifications in people development related tools (e.g. DiSC, MBTI, DDI, CCL 360 degree assessments)
- Experience sourcing and evaluating external vendors and contractors
- Experience planning and delivering business applications training for the Workday HCMS or similar platform
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : TRAING-DESIGN &DEV STF III
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Facilities, Developer, Aerospace, Laboratory, Quality Assurance, Operations, Technology, Aviation, Science
Back to top