Lead Senior Web and Graphics Software Developer
- El Segundo, CA
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Information Systems and Cyber Division (ISCD) staff couple the latest in information system technologies, such as elastic compute clouds, containerization, microservices, real-time operating systems, and visualization frameworks, with expertise in cyber security, software architecture, software engineering, process improvement, and software development to deliver responsive, resilient, high-performance software intensive systems to our IC, DoD, and civilian customers.
The Visualization and Immersive Technologies Department (VITD) develops a wide variety of visualization applications using commercial UI frameworks and game engines to support civil, commercial, and national security space systems. VITD works with organizations seeking solutions for orbit visualization and planning, and many other facets of space and ground systems.
What You'll Be Doing
• Work with industry-leading engineers and scientists in the development of maintainable cloud and desktop data visualization applications as well as the development back-end service oriented architecture components to support our visualization platforms.
• Facilitate a wide variety of space and ground systems customers through algorithm and software development.
• Design, develop, and maintain software for a variety of engineering applications, including technical/scientific computing, high performance computing, simulations, and graphics visualization.
• Work on teams to help visualize innovative next generation space and ground systems
• Duties, tasking and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned as needed
What You Need to be Successful
• B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or related discipline.
• 12 or more years of experience in developing applications for web/cloud based frameworks or for scientific visualization.
• Agility to quickly learn new programming languages.
• Ability to work both independently, and cooperatively within a team.
• Good written and verbal communications skills.
• This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
• M.S. degree in Computer Science with a concentration in Computer Graphics or Parallel Computing.
• Active Secret security clearance
• Experience developing graphical user interfaces is highly desirable. Proficiency in graphical application frameworks such as Qt, AngularJS, and Bootstrap.
• Experience with developing backend databases with SQL and NoSQL frameworks such as MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
• Experience developing cloud based applications and cloud enabled web services.
• Experience practicing professional software development processes.
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top