Lead Cloud Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 41910
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Cloud Platforms & Architectures Department at Aerospace is seeking a Lead Cloud Systems Engineer to join their team! This department is looking for an experienced candidate and leader with a keen knowledge and interest in cloud systems and solutions including architectures, designs and development using cutting-edge technologies. This team leader will serve as a senior technical authority, consultant, and primary investigator to lead and organize interfaces between customers' and Aerospace technical and management staff. They coordinate large-scale technical efforts across program and project lines.
- Participate in a wide range of Prototyping and Technology Laboratory activities to include: (a) Develop software prototypes in a wide variety of mission areas to include command and control, mission planning & scheduling, and others; (b) integrate hardware and software to investigate new technology concepts; and (c) research emerging technologies including but not limited to cloud computing, software defined networks and data analytics.
- Serve as the integration leader and coordinator of a team of technical staff
- Serve as technical lead to interface with customers and brief important work.
- Mentor less experienced members of technical staff and serve as a role model.
- Maintain technical excellence through participation in technology studies, system/software analyses, independent assessments, and research efforts.
- Contribute to and lead team-based projects and provide demonstrations of in-house developed prototypes/systems.
- Contribute to technical reports and other presentations to disseminate findings, guidance and technical information to as wide an audience as possible.
- Support coordinated analysis of system requirements, evaluation of architectures and designs, assessments of systems development and engineering processes
- Bring energy and passion for technology everyday!
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other engineering/analytical technical area of study.
- Eight or more years of experience with increasing responsibilities including experience in a lead or leadership role
- Proficient in one or more of the following: C/C++, C#, Java, Python. Must be able to quickly learn new programming languages
- A strong technical background and clearly demonstrated experience with current technologies, including but not limited to (Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Kafka)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be highly motivated. Must be able to work well collaboratively or independently, as each task requires. Must be able to adapt to a customer's evolving needs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
- 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including multi-disciplinary systems engineering and/or program management environments
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other engineering/analytical degree
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Recent, clearly demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with research and development.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT LEADER SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, Cloud, Engineer, Electrical, Security Clearance, Engineering, Technology, Government
Back to top