Junior Digital Communications Engineer
Requisition ID: 48521
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The reconfigurable transceiver section is seeking applicants interested in next-gen research and development of software and hardware radio prototypes. Members of this group provide processional engineering and scientific support to a wide range of customers including internal Aerospace customers, national stakeholders and global commercial customers through our Vaeros division. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
The Aerospace Corporation's Communication Software Implementation Department uses software defined radio technology to design digital embedded transceivers. We conduct our own research and development and in this position, you can have the opportunity to innovate in algorithm design and prototyping. A significant portion of our recent work also involves machine learning. We are looking for engineers with a solid background in digital communication and signal processing that are awesome programmers. You need to be comfortable being hands-on to qualify for this position since we go beyond analysis and simulation to build working software defined radio devices for size, weight and power (SWaP) - constrained platforms such as UAVs and satellites. We go beyond analysis and simulation to build working intelligent ML prototypes. You also need to be excited about exploring fields and concepts that may be out of your comfort zone.
Let's do it!
- Previous projects within this group have included Counter-UAV systems, CubeSat spacecraft development, autonomous vehicle sensor networks, ground and on-orbit modems leveraging FPGAs, CUDA based signal processing, and sensor fusion among others.
- We rapidly move ideas from basic concept to brassboard demonstration in relevant environments using a variety of technologies and are always looking for quality minds.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Ability to obtain a security clearance issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Proficiency in one of more of the following languages: Python, C, C++, Malab, VHDL, CUDA, OpenCL, Go
- Experience working with Linux or development on a Linux platform.
- Familiarity with digital communications fundamentals.
- Familiarity with laboratory tools such as oscilloscopes, power supplies and multimeters.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with GIT (or SVN) for software development.
- Software defined radio development (GNURadio) and/or experience with USRP or similar SDR platforms.
- Experience with FPGA design and VHDL
- Basic knowledge of statistics and data science.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Embedded, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology
Back to top