International Space Systems Analyst
Requisition ID: 41462
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Join a small elite team studying the technologies, systems, and capabilities of foreign space programs. Strategic and Global Awareness [Project West Wing (PWW)], International Space Systems, is seeking a Project Engineer. In this role the selected candidate will analyze technical intelligence from diverse sources to understand space and counterspace operations. Develop insights into Space Domain Awareness and make recommendations for international data collection and conduct new research on satellite systems.
• Conduct technical intelligence systems analyses of current foreign space programs
• Analyze data from spacecraft
• Occasional non-standard working hours will be required to support to real-world events
• Develop customer relationships and prepare technical reports, briefings, and other materials as required
• Identify new areas of concern in Space Domain Awareness, and proactively develop recommendations for further global data collection and research
• Responsively assess the potential impact of current worldwide space and counterspace activities on U.S. national security space operations
• Identify short- and long-term technical challenges for a diverse customer base, including the USAF, the intelligence community, and other government and commercial customers
• Periodic travel required for coordination with Aerospace/PWW personnel and U.S. Government agencies throughout the country. International travel to cover technical conferences or meetings is possible.
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or Mathematics. An advanced degree is desired.
• Requires a strong interest in, and enthusiasm for, understanding global space activities and operations
• Familiarity with spacecraft telemetry and spacecraft anomaly resolution is desirable. Understanding EO and RF sensor systems is also desirable
• Prior background in space systems engineering, space domain awareness, data analyses from space systems, EO and RF sensor systems, or related fields
• Should have demonstrated skills and experience with fusing and analyzing information from multiple sources and extrapolating this information to answer specific and general space system questions
• Understanding of astrodynamics fundamentals and experience with related analysis tools such as STK (Systems [previously Satellite] Took Kit) or Aerospace's SOAP (Satellite Orbit Analysis Program), as well as basic programming skills in Unix and analytical tools like MATLAB or Python is desirable.
• An affinity for puzzles and problem solving is a plus
• Prior experience and familiarity with USAF and IC customers is desirable
• Should be a self-starter, motivated to impact high-interest space situations. The potential exists to develop your own areas of expertise in the analysis of space systems
• Should enjoy working with a small team
• Reading comprehension and translation skills in selected foreign languages is of interest
• Requires superior written and oral communication skills and an ability to work well with other analysts and communicate to senior military and civilian customers
• Must have, or be eligible for, TOP SECRET clearance and SCI access
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJ ENGINEER
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Systems Analyst, Engineer, ERP, Security Clearance, Secret Clearance, Technology, Engineering, Government
Back to top