Information Assurance Specialist
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 52742
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for ensuring security policies, standards and procedures are established based on outlines requirements.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Assists IA Staff with development and implementation of security plans for existing and new computer assets
- Utilize customer provided Enterprise Security Service tools to provide risk input to the IA Staff
- Supports the implementation and development of an organizations' IT security
- Perform software reviews and submittals into the government system
- Conduct low-to-high and high-to-low file transfers
- Conduct auditing review and analysis of secure IT assets to include computers and antivirus logs
- Update, maintain, and document procedures for secure operation of IT assets and IA functions
- Ensures security policies, standards, and procedures are established and enforced
- Maintain accurate hardware lists for existing computer assets
- Assist IA Staff with clearing, purging, declassifying, and releasing of system memory, media, and output
- Provide initial IA briefings and annual reindoctrination briefings to employees as appropriate
- Prepares and formats reports, memos, correspondence, and forms
- Assist IA Staff with incident response, cleanup, and documentation
- Trains and briefs employees on the IS systems. Ensures users have appropriate security clearance prior to obtaining access to information.
- Participate in information security inspections, tests, and reviews
- Communicate regularly with IA Staff to obtain status of requests and facilitate completion of requests
- Submit, track, and facilitate user account requests and privileged user access
- Maintain access to government systems to submit pertinent information for staff, employees, and customers
- Monitor IA Staff ticket queue
- 2 or more years of relevant experience with certification in assigned area and Associate's Degree
- Knowledge of National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), ICD 503, and/or Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG); specifically, the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and assessment and authorization (A&A) process
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Ability to obtain DOD 8570 IAM certification within six months
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Security+ CE a plus
- Strong technical knowledge of Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer to complete activities.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment.
- Moderate to heavy lifting of measurement and test equipment.
- Exposure to oils and cleaning materials.
- Exposure to electrical materials.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : INFO ASSURANCE SPEC II
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Electrical, Information Systems, Security Clearance, Database, Laboratory, Engineering, Technology, Government, Science
Back to top